Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Sylmannemo
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:56 pm   

Switching over

What's the incentive of switching over from zMUD if every time I've tried to load my settings the program freezes entirely?

Seriously, what the hell? I'm having problems with zMUD and access violations, and then CMUD feels like it's still in beta with my luck thus far.
Nicodareus
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:24 pm   

I had a bit of hell with it also, but there's no real reason to get pissy over it. Personally I just created new sessions in CMud for the most part and manually ported over what I needed to. Chances are that you're going to have to rewrite alot of your scripts. That's why CMud offers you a compatibility report on imported settings and a guide for ZMud->CMud upgrading.

or

avonarys@gmail.com
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:26 pm   

Well, you'll need to give us more information about this if you want help. What version of Windows are you using? When you switched to CMUD, how did you import your zMUD settings?

If you are having access violations in zMUD, then your zMUD settings themselves might be corrupted (which was a common problem in zMUD), which isn't going to make them very easy to get into CMUD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: