Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Nicodareus
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:17 pm   

[2.29] Bug with Information messages styles

Process:

Change foreground (or background color) to something different. (Red from blue for example)
Click OK
Change to yet a different color (Yellow)
Click Apply or OK or to a different tab or different settings menu. It doesn't matter where you click off to, the Information messages style will say 'Default' and be black.
The color choice you make will still go through, but when you reload your session it will revert back to black.
You can change the color each time you start a new session, but you'll never get anything but Black to stick again.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:34 pm   

I am having trouble reproducing this. Please tell me *exactly* what you are clicking on to change colors. Start with a blank session and go from there. Tell me exactly when to click the Preferences button, and when you are selecting a style, etc. I need the exact steps.
Nicodareus
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:51 pm   

This may have been an id10t error, but I'm not going to submit to that idea just yet. I just noticed that various files in my CMUD directory were set read only for some reason. I turned of the read-only tag on the CMud directory and had it apply to everything in subfolders/files/etc and now I can't reproduce this issue either.

the problem with that theory is that this computer is running XP whereas the one I was having the issue on was Vista. When I get home from work tomorrow, I'll try it out again and see if the issue persists.

Unfortunately, this didn't fix my problem with layouts not auto-saving. But we're discussing that in a different thread. I just figured I'd mention it.

or

avonarys@gmail.com
Nicodareus
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:31 pm   

Actually.. Never mind.. I just ran across this same problem again. It seems to only happen in multi-window sessions and only in windows that aren't the main window for the session.

In fact, it's happening for the 'untitled' window when I just close out of the session editor, whether I have other windows open or not. This seems to be sporadic and only apply to certain windows, including my default window.

In -fact- I just figured out that I was being an idiot and generalizing the problem. It's a very specific color that has the issue. Green. It happens on any window, no matter what, regardless of which style's color you are changing under the session 'folder'

Step 1: Close out Session window
Step 2: Options->Fonts->Information messages (Or any other style contained under 'sessions')
Step 3: Change the style color to Green from the list
Step 4: Click command echo (Or just anywhere to get away from the current style settigns)
Step 5: Click Information messages. The text color will be changed to 'Black' or 'Default' (Either of which is black)

I've currently rerouted my way around this by just using a different shade of green. But 'Green' doesn't seem to want to stick. It -will- stick on any of the styles contained under 'General', but not under 'Session'.

or

avonarys@gmail.com
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:12 pm   

OK, I need help with someone else to try and reproduce this. I just did the exact steps above and didn't get any problem. When I clicked back on Information messages in step 5, it was still set to green.

Have you deleted your DEFAULT.PKG file recently? I seem to remember you having trouble with bad settings stored in this file (like the tick timer stuff). So maybe you don't have the same default settings that the rest of us have?

Edited: OK, I think I might have found this. In step 3, don't change the color to "Green", change it to whatever your "Default session color" is set to. By default in new installations, this is Silver. When I changed the color to "Silver" in step 3, then in step 5 it changed the color to "Default". This is actually the correct action. All of the styles in the Session folder "inherit" from the Default session text. So setting the color of the Information messages to the same as the default session color changes it to use "Default" for the color.

The actual bug is that the Default color ends up showing as black instead of using the default like it should. It seems that CMUD is using the "None" color instead of the "Default" color for some reason, and the Default color is acting as black. I'll see if I can get that fixed for 2.30.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: