Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Indie
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:31 pm   

Just a basic setup question

I keep losing scripts and classes that I work on. I had to completely scrap all of my packages and start over because they were opening things I didn't want opened and windows were everywhere. Sometimes scripts would stop for no reason, and sometimes they'd reach for a variable that I know was defined, and get nothing.

I play a Mud with two accounts. What would be utopia for me is to all the basic scripts in a shared place somewhere (a module?) and a set of variables for each different character. I haven't even begun to use the automapper, but I'd think I'd also like that to be shared, but able to be used separately by different characters.

What basic structure would be the simplest way to achieve this so that the variables don't cross paths, each character can be loaded and played either separately or multi-played, and my windows stay docked where I put them last?

Thanks in advance.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:49 am   

Given you are using the public version, you're just plain out of luck with regards to multiplay map-sharing. That's only available via the beta version.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:18 pm   

Thank you. That wasn't the main question I had though. I was looking for advice on the basic setup to share scripts and such. As I mentioned, mapping was not even being used yet.

But... I thought I was using a beta. 3.14a isn't a beta?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:24 pm   

You posted in the General forum and didn't include the version you were using. How is anyone to know which version you had installed on your computer? As a reminder, if you are using a public version then post in CMud General Discussion; if you are using a beta version, post in the beta forum.

The easiest share solution is to use multiple sessions with multiple packages. One package just for that character session, one package for common scripts that everyone uses, then if you want one package for each distinct project (ie, a package to contain your tells/channels/messages windows and the triggers/etc that go with that.)
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:18 pm   

Well, it was just a general question... not really version specific. But ok, thanks for the direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: