Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ArjenJ
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:10 pm   

Need advise: I seem to be stuck in version 2.18

I am running version 2.18, in Vista Home Premium, without any problems and I want to enjoy the new features of the upgrades just like anybody else. But somehow I can not get my trigger system working with the newer versions.

A while back when I tried 2.24, by just installing it into the same directory as I have my 2.18 installed in, it did start up but caused unexplainable errors mentioning parts of script that had nothing to do with the lines that triggered the errors. I decided to stick to 2.18 for a bit longer. Today I tried 2.27, and things got even worse. When I try to open my session with my old settings cmud crashes, right when it starts loading my settings. I need taskmanager to kill it.

When I remove the diretory in which my settings are stored 2.27 works fine. But I somehow want my triggers and maps in the 2.27. So I started over again. reinstalled 2.18, exported my settings to XML and reinstalled 2.27. When I tried to import the xml, I get an error telling me the XML is broken (a missing ";" somewhere).

I need some advise: I want to install my system bit by bit. To do this I need to know what to do to export (or save) my settings from my working v2.18 in such a way that i can import it in parts in a clean 2.27 installation. This way I hope to find out what could be the reason that my system is not working in the newer versions.

Thanks in advance for all the idea's you come up with.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:35 am   

Open your package editor in 2.18.

Hopefully you are making good use of classes as this will speed up the process.

In the tree view select the upper level classes and click copy.
Now paste these into a notepad or word-pad document and save them as text files.

I suggest one document per paste.

Once you have all of your classes saved to text documents you can uninstall Cmud and delete the Cmud directory from Program files.

I also suggest that you make copies of your Cmud Games directory and delete the contents of Cmud Games as well.

Now that you have a clean environment install 2.27 and create a new session.
Open the session off-line and open the package editor.
Highlight the contents of one of your text documents and paste it into the tree view.
Run the compatibility report if you like. Open and close the session to be sure that it is working properly. Then start with the next class.

Good Luck.
ArjenJ
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:32 pm   

Thanks.... I worked trough it your way and exported my system 1 class at a time. I managed to figure out what was the problem. I had one class with a classname that contained the &-sign... and that screwed my XML export.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:37 pm   

That's probably why. Classnames (and, indeed, anything else-names) should be A-Za-z_ and perhaps - only. There might be a problem with -, I can't remember now.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:44 pm   

I think this is actually a bug with the XML export too, I've created a new topic
http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=133529
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:01 pm   

Glad to hear you got it working. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: