Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Arde
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:46 pm   

[2.26-] Toolbar flickering (was:Can we get buttons script compiled at startup?)

Can this be implemented? In 2.x or 3.x?
I can see how CMUD and WinXP after first click on every button fill button area on a toolbar with Windows default fore color, then with bluish color for Office XP theme, then redraw all the buttons. It's boring. Crying or Very sad While personally I can't think of any reason to have delayed script compilation (I can wait several additional seconds while my scripts will get compiled at startup, especially if I gonna spend several hours for MUDding), I ask only about scripts for buttons, as this could reduce buttons flickering a lot.

UPDATE Think, I must say that I have a toolbar attached to the right side of the main window and have 2 button columns on it. Only second column flickers.

Last edited by Arde on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:51 pm   

I'm confused by your post. Whether or not a button script is compiled will have no impact on it's visual display. The button script is just what the button does when you click on it. Your buttons should always be displayed with the correct colors etc even if they are not compiled. And all of your button "captions" *are* compiled and displayed when you first load.

So maybe your buttons are doing something unusual that you need to provide more details on. Or maybe you can post the XML for your buttons here so that others can test it. What it sounds like is that you are having a flickering problem, which is something different and has nothing to do with whether a button is compiled or not.
Arde
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:11 pm   

First of all, I want to say that I have 2 toolbars on the right side, not one with 2 columns of buttons. I'm sorry that I gave the wrong information, I just had forget about my toolbars layout.

After having some tests I've understood that CMUD does not like 2 toolbars located on the same right side of the screen.

I have 3 toolbars visible: 1st and 2nd toolbars are on the right side of the main screen (1st toolbar is the rightmost) and 3rd toolbar at the bottom. It is the 2nd toolbar that flicks if I press any toggle/push button for the first time in the current session on any toolbar of those 3. It may flick in the whole, with buttons and free space or it may flick only with free space. Buttons on the 2nd toolbar does not have any complicated scripts associated with them. Actually most of them contains just an alias call. And most of these aliases currently have just 1 line in their body like cast 'spellname' @Myself

What I've tested is that I move the 2nd toolbar from the right side of the main screen to the left side. This instantly stops flickering. And when I moved the 2nd toolbar back to the right, I see the flickering again.
Further tests:
-if I swap the 1st and 2nd toolbars (the 2nd toolbar will be the rightmost), the 2nd toolbar will continue to flick.
-if I move both 1st and 2nd toolbars to the left side of the screen, there will be no flickering
-undocking and closing the automapper has no effect

Well, I don't understand why only the 2nd toolbar is the subject to this, why it flicks only for the first pressing a button and works normally for all next clicks. If it's not directly related with script compilation, then may be it have some indirect relationship, I can't just ignore this fact.

Any suggestions for further testing?
CMUD 2.27, WinXP SP2

alluran: fixed. Razz

Last edited by Arde on Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
alluran
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:59 am   

I can't огые either. Can we pls get this fixed? :(
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:37 pm   

My guess is that Windows is sending some sort of resize or repaint message to the other toolbars that are on the same side of the screen. But I'm afraid I'd had to put this at lower priority for now since it doesn't prevent CMUD from working and I need to get some work done on the mapper first.

Also, I'm a bit confused by your last post since in your previous post you had the line:
Quote:
alluran: fixed.

but then alluran posted
Quote:
Can we pls get this fixed?

So is it fixed in 2.27 or not??
Arde
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:51 pm   

Zugg:
I have misspelled a word and alluran note that. Very Happy

Thanks for adding this bug to the bug list. I didn't expect that it'll have high priority. Currently I have 1 toolbar on the right side and 1 on the left side as the workaround and everything works good. If you want to have a look at this bug, I already emailed it to the support (#28020).

Last edited by Arde on Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
alluran
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:52 pm   

Ya, sorry Zugg, I was just trying to figure out what the mispelled word was, rather obscure lettering in there ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: