Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
deathkitty
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:26 pm   

[3.16b] In links about half the actual underlined text of the link is clickable

In links, about half the actual underlined text of the link is clickable for some reason.

One thing I noticed is that if you move the mouse along the width of a web link the hand icon flickers repeatedly, even if moving it on the same letter.

Around halfway the hand icon no longer appears and changes to the ][ sign instead, even though the rest of the text in the link is still underlined and looks like a link - clicking on this part has no effect.

(I am using Windows 7 64-bit)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:18 pm   

You need to tell me the exact URL link being displayed so I can test it here. All of my links seem to be fine.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:22 pm   

I'm going to assume given the other posts that it is http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZYFdXiS-wdM&fmt=18 and that when you test it that it will be fine. Testing it on discworld may show you the problem though unless it's down to local package issues. I'll give it a shot later today when I'm home and see what I can see for you.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:56 pm   

it seems to be all links for me, I tried a few, they are never fully clickable always cut out about halfway

my screen resolution is 1920x1440 too in case that helps, it's not really standard it's on a professional monitor: http://in.viewsonic.com/in/products/productspecs.php?id=306
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:37 pm   

This may be related to your other problem and not be as much of a problem if a newly created url package sorts the other problem.

I don't get the half rendered URL at all they are always fully rendered. I do see the other issue you mentioned but only marginally, it may be related to resolution and get worse at higher resolutions although I'm at 1600x900 which is not too far down from you.

Zugg you may manage to notice this if you constantly move the cursor back and forth over the hyperlink, very briefly every now and then I notice the cursor change from the pointing hand to the text carat but even so I don't imagine this would cause the link to become unclickable as it is exceptionally brief.

I believe that deathkitty will have their problems solved by refreshing the url package.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:55 pm   

i'll reinstall the whole thing to make sure tomorrow, it's possible it got corrupted somehow I guess but I definitely haven't changed anything since installing it (because I wanted to try work out the problems I had on my last pc this time so I know it wasnt any scripts). they do render if you mean appearing on the screen, just like I said before the cursor changes to the text icon ][ instead of hand and its unclickable about halfway through the link, you can still see the words and they are still underlined
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:04 pm   

After you uninstall make sure you delete anything remaining. If you installed in the default locations then there will be a My Documents\My Games\CMUD or it's Vista\Win7 equivalent folder that you will want to delete. Also check to see if the Program Files\CMUD folder is left behind and delete that. Then install a newly downloaded 3.16b.

I know what you are describing but with my tests on your mud on the (One) channel I do not get the same problem, only the very briefly flickering change that doesn't effect the clicking of the URL.
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:38 pm   

Quote:
Zugg you may manage to notice this if you constantly move the cursor back and forth over the hyperlink, very briefly every now and then I notice the cursor change from the pointing hand to the text carat but even so I don't imagine this would cause the link to become unclickable as it is exceptionally brief.

OK, I see that too, although it's hard to catch sometimes because it's so brief. Certainly if you try to click the link when the cursor isn't a pointer then it's not going to follow the link. So it might be related. But for me the cursor always changes to the pointing hand very quickly.

My guess as to why this is happening is that when you move the mouse, Windows is going to display the | cursor because it's over a text box (the MUD window). Then, when Windows notifies CMUD about this, CMUD sees that it is over a hyperlink and changes the cursor to the pointing hand. So that would cause flicker, but there isn't anything I can do about it since it is Windows changing it back to the | when you move the mouse.
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:17 am   

A very simple solution here, that may fix the only half click able link problem. If you have changed the font or size of the font for your default session, be sure to make the URL Font and size a few items down the list match what the default session is set to. Not doing so will cause the link on the screen to only be partially click able.
CMUD 3.34
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: