Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
njkc07
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:34 am   

CMud update- rollback?

I just updated my version of cmud to the newst. Since I have I can not get it to work. The command line isn't there. When I select to show it it show up but when I enter a command it won't let me enter another one unless I actually click back on it. If I click where the command line is suppose to be when it isn't there two command lines pop up and Cmud locks up on me. I have no idea what is wrong with it. I just want it to work like it did before my update. Is there a way to rolback to my previous version?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:35 am   

You have a corrupted layout file. Hold down the SHIFT key when you click the Open Offline action and it will create a new layout file for you. There is no way to "rollback", but I'm sure we can help you with whatever problems you have.
njkc07
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:52 am   

Didn't expect such a quick reply. This didn't help. I hold down shift, click on open offline. My session pops up with the window really small. I resize the window to fit in cmud, and then the same problem starts up. Locks it up tighter then a drum

*edit

I have also done a complete reinstall of CMUD twice. Problem still exists. I noticed the two command lines that lock it up are blinking rapidly as well. it's almost as if a key were stuck but obviously as I write this no key is stuck.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:50 am   

Have you tried creating a completely new session to see if it continues to be an issue? Or rather, hit escape after CMUD loads (while it shows the sessions screen) and tell us if the blank session still produces this effect. Ultimately, do a search in your CMUD directory for xly file and delete that, forcing CMUD to make a new one. Also, your packages may have become corrupted. You may need to delete your packages and recreate them with a fresh session. Just some suggestions.

Charneus
njkc07
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:57 am   

Brilliant, I had to go in and manually delete the default .xly file and now eerything works like a charm. Thanks to all for the help!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: