Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Vio

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:50 am   

Green ansi :(

It seems to me that ANSI is enabled, but the output I receive is continuous green. I'm trying out a new mud and it asks me whether the line above is a smooth, straight line. All I see are A's with dots above them. Help...
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:40 am   

Wow. Let me base my answer off the abundance of information you gave us![/sarcasm]

Most of us (if not all of us) have no clue what you're referring to, so unless you can provide us with the name of the MUD you're testing this out on, and whether this works on other clients or not... Sigh.

Charneus

P.S. Don't take this as rude. It's late at night, and I should be sleeping, but I can't because I have to do laundry. :P
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:41 am   

Which MUD? Sounds like Medievia - they have a downloadable font that replaces some of the higher-numbered characters (like the Á or whatever that you're seeing) with symbols for use in their maps. Basically, it's asking "are you using our custom font?". You should be able to download their font from their website somewhere and then change the output style in CMUD to use that font. Then it should display properly.

However, that doesn't solve your ANSI issue. The answer is probably that the MUD isn't sending ANSI colour - open the script debugger on the window menu, then on the Messages menu of the debugger, select raw input/output and deselect everything else. You should see codes that look like <ESC>1m; in the text - if they're not present, the MUD isn't sending ANSI colour. Normally MUDs will detect whether the client supports colour, but some make you turn it on manually. You should find out if your MUD is one like that, and ask them how to enable it.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Vio

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:06 am   

Sorry. I meant every mud I've tried. Ansi works fine for me on all other clients. I'll try what you suggested, Fang.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:28 am   

That's interesting. Check the preferences and make sure that ANSI colour is enabled. It's in the Session section.

Vio

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:24 am   

Still the same. Every other client I've tried works normally, but cMUD only displays green color while ANSI is enabled, regardless of the MUD I connect to. *sigh* Is it a bug?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:37 am   

If it is, it's one that's never been reported before. I have no idea how something could screw up ANSI for every single session, so we'll have to wait and see what Zugg says. He's out of town for a few days, so that might take a while.

chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:16 am   

Green ansi was broken for me I believe in cmud 2.18, what version are you using?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:18 am   

Try deleting your STYLES.INI file to restore the default CMUD color styles. Then you should be able to change your default text color in the Styles Preferences screen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: