Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:59 pm   

[2.23] Off color captures

Pictures speak a thousand words:

The top two lines are what is shown in MUD output. The timestamp is there only because I did a history, but it still shows those colors and whatnot. The bottom two lines are in my captures window. Seems that color is getting lost in odd places...

Charneus

Edited with a new picture and new description.

Last edited by charneus on Fri May 02, 2008 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:18 pm   

Next time, try saving it as a gif. jpegs are horrible for anything except photos, especially things like text, where you need clean lines.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:21 pm   

It might help to post the trigger(s) you're using to capture these, too.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:48 pm   

There is only one trigger capturing this line, and this is what it is:

#TRIGGER {^~(Friend~)} {#CAP captures}

By the way, that isn't me (Aron). It's one of my friends on my flist. It's weird, however, that the first LETTER is captured correctly, but everything else isn't. I'll try to get a better picture up there. Don't know why I saved it as jpg. Probably something I forgot to reset. Heh.

Charneus
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:49 pm   

Fang Xianfu wrote:
Next time, try saving it as a gif. jpegs are horrible for anything except photos, especially things like text, where you need clean lines.

Even better is .png which has pretty good lossless compression for both photos and text.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:30 pm   

Rorso wrote:
Fang Xianfu wrote:

Even better is .png which has pretty good lossless compression for both photos and text.

Yes all recent images that I've posted have been .png, you don't even need to have any package MS Paint actually makes a good job of .png unlike .gif and .jpg.
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:52 pm   

When did this turn into a "this makes for better pictures" thread? Heh. Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions to what's happening? Again, I'm assuming it's with the ansi change. As a side note, the colors are not sent MXP. They are sent via Aardwolf color commands. That is, they type:

@RThis is a red sentence.

It comes out as:

This is a red sentence.

Sigh.

Charneus
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:14 pm   

Nope no suggestions as to what is happening. I guess it's time to do some debug files and send them to Zugg.
GURU

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:44 pm   

Debug logs would probably help, so we can try and reproduce what's being sent. I'm not seeing anything weird trying to simulate it using #say. It could perhaps be because you have your styles set up differently in the different windows (I'm guessing that's why the fonts are different) so check that, too.

charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:22 pm   

I'll have to do the debug logs either tomorrow or Monday, then. Yes, I do have different styles in both windows, but it did work without this problem in 2.22. However, I'll change them to be the same as soon as I can. By the way, not sure if you can actually simulate it using say. However, if you want to try, the colors are red, bold red, cyan, bold cyan.

Charneus
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:19 pm   

I'm afraid that I need to see the raw data from the MUD that is creating the initial text display. Run the Script Debugger and make sure the Raw Input/Output message is enabled. Then copy/paste the raw data being sent from the MUD within [code] tags in this forum post.

I *did* make some changes to the routine that captures the color data from the screen (the same routine is used to capture the data sent to log files for HTML logging). And there was a bug regarding some ANSI sequences that might be effecting this.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:46 pm   

Hope this helps. This is what was in the script debugger:

Code:
<ESC>[1;32m(Friend)<ESC>[0;36m: <ESC>[1mCitali blushes as Amarufox gives her <ESC>[0;31mh<ESC>[1mawt <ESC>[0Ss<ESC>[0Smoochins!<ESC>[0m

The top line shows what was captured, the bottom line shows what it should have been:

If you need more examples, I'm sure I can find a way to dig them up, too.

Charneus
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:13 pm   

That isn't the correct data from the script debugger. I need you to turn on the Raw Input/Output message and copy/paste that raw data from the debugger window. The data that you pasted is the ANSI output message, which is the data generated internally by CMUD when to copy/paste a line.

What the data you pasted is showing is that CMUD is adding the ESC[0S sequence, which tells CMUD to display the text using the default color for that window. So maybe the default colors for the two windows are different?

But without seeing the raw data sent from the MUD, I can't determine why CMUD is adding the ESC[0S sequence. The data from the MUD will never have ESC[0S in it, since that is an internal ANSI code added by CMUD itself to support styles.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:39 pm   

Then perhaps something is wrong with the script debugger. I do have Raw Input/Output selected, as indicated by this screenshot:

EDIT: Removed image due to possible offensive material. Didn't notice it before! :P

Unless there's something else I need to do, too.

Charneus

Last edited by charneus on Tue May 06, 2008 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:02 pm   

#DEBUGFILE?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:00 pm   

Right. It's the "i" lines that I need for your example. You could turn off the "h" option for ANSI codes to avoid getting the wrong data displayed in the file.

To understand this better, the "i" Raw lines are the actual data sent from the MUD. The "h" ANSI lines are the result of CMUD trying to recreate the ANSI codes by looking at the line on the screen. The #DEBUGFILE writes the "i" raw lines to the disk file.

In any case, post the "i" lines from the Script Debugger for the example that has the wrong color.
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:04 pm   

Err what the heck kind of Mud is that?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:31 pm   

Yeah, charneus probably needs to edit his example images a bit in case someone might be offended. But honestly, it doesn't look all that different from the common chat channel in World of Warcraft these days. Kids.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:34 am   

charneus wrote:
Hope this helps. This is what was in the script debugger:

Code:
<ESC>[1;32m(Friend)<ESC>[0;36m: <ESC>[1mCitali blushes as Amarufox gives her <ESC>[0;31mh<ESC>[1mawt <ESC>[0Ss<ESC>[0Smoochins!<ESC>[0m

The top line shows what was captured, the bottom line shows what it should have been:

If you need more examples, I'm sure I can find a way to dig them up, too.

Charneus

Though the names have changed, the image still reflects the off colors. This was captured on line "i" right after the social.

Code:
<ESC>[1;32m(Friend)<ESC>[0;36m: <ESC>[1;36mOpochtli blushes as Citali gives him <ESC>[0;31mh<ESC>[1;31mawt <ESC>[0;31ms<ESC>[1;31mmoochins!<ESC>[0;37m<ESC>[0;37m<LF><CR><LF><CR>

Hope this time it's right.

Charneus
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:44 am   

That's interesting - I thought a new line was CRLF, not LFCR? Does it make a difference?

Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:52 am   

LF/CR is non-standard, but didn't Zugg say he changed CMUD to handle them?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:15 pm   

CMUD (and zMUD) will properly handle these old MUDs that use LF/CR. Yes, someday it would be nice if the MUD coders would update their code to actually follow the telnet standard. I've ranted about this before. Even though this violates the telnet standard, CMUD handles it, and I don't think it makes any difference in this case.

The problem is that the routine to capture the color/mxp of a line was changed to fix some bugs. When I decided to implement the HTML logging feature, I thought it would be easy because I already had an option to capture the MXP of a line (from the MXP Capture option that was added a few versions ago).

But I didn't know is that the MXP capture actually had a lot of bugs that hadn't been reported. Guess very few people used it. So when I was fixing these bugs for the HTML logging, they caused some side effects and new bugs that is effecting the normal ANSI capture. In this case, it is adding the ESC[0S style codes where it shouldn't.

I am hopeful that I can get this fixed today.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:14 pm   

Fixed for 2.24
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: