Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
laysus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:58 pm   

[2.22] %subregex problem

I've found a small issue with %subregex in 2.22, in that when I attempt to perform a %subregex(arg1, arg2, arg3), I get a null value returned if arg1 doesn't contain arg2 at all. That is to say, #show %subregex("thing","-","0") returns nothing while #show %subregex("thing-","-","0") will return "thing0".
gamma_ray
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:41 pm   

Confirmed here. Annoying. :/
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:30 pm   

It doesn't show in 2.18, so it's something new.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:38 pm   

%subregex has been changed completely since 2.18, so differences should come as no surprise.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
JQuilici
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:46 pm   

I believe this is a dup of the bug reported here.

So it looks like Zugg hasn't applied Vijilante's fix in 2.22.
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:05 am   

I am working on a major rewrite of the routine because I was completely dissatisfied with the speed test results I was getting. I am also adding some features I thought would be really good. Hopefully I will have all of it done soon enough that Zugg has plenty of time to review it for 2.23.

In any case the correct behavior is to return the full stirng with whatever modifications occured. A state of no modifications should result in the original string being returned, and I will make sure that it works that way after my rewrite.

As always Zugg gets the final decision whether to use any part of what I write, I am doing it more as a personal mission and a small gift.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:49 pm   

Hmm, I thought I had applied the latest code that Vijilante had sent me. Vij: You want to send me your latest code this week so that I can get it into the 2.23 version? No pressure ;)
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:55 pm   

He's working on it as per his other thread, you'll probably see that when you've finished catching up. He hopes to have new code to you by the end of the week.
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:12 am   

Yeah, I have been testing its quickly as I can. I got stuck with the old problem pattern like "a?". The logic I was playing with to make this better broke many other things. Pretty much I wasted my programming time today trying everything imaginable to get that pattern to be happy without killing everything else. I even went so far as to backup one file and then try a whole new design for that portion.

Also looking back through my email log it would seem I forgot to send the fix for the null return. I can't make this any higher priority then it already is. I should be able to find and quash the remaining bugs in my new code, and get something to you tommorrow.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:31 pm   

I got everything to pass the final exam, which uses every feature I added all at once. It may not be bug free since my real testing scenario would be to run through every single test again and make sure I haven't mussed any of them.

In any case I do have about a number of things yet to try for improving the handling of pattern like "a?", but it can wait. Files are on there way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: