Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:16 pm   

[2.21] Mapper zoom doesn't work with mouse anymore

Don't know if you have this one on your mapper rewrite list yet, but previously I could use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out on the mapper. This no longer functions in Cmud.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:29 pm   

Yep. If you undock the mapper window, then it works. It's a side effect of the docking system used in CMUD. When the mapper is docked, Windows considers it a child panel within the main application window, so mouse and keyboard events go to the main window instead of the mapper window. So, this prevents things like mouse zooming and map keyboard creation from working when the mapper is docked.

The mapper rewrite will take care of this by redirecting the system events properly. But for now, undock the mapper to get these features to work.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:15 pm   

even when its undocked, I normally have to:

View --> Show Panels

before I can get the scrollwheel to zoom, as otherwise the zone dropdown has focus

I really wish just clicking in the map itself would remove focus from said dropdown
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:12 pm   

Yes, that's on the list to fix for the mapper rewrite too. In the meantime, if the zone dropdown ever gets the focus, you can press Tab to move the focus away from it. And then the mousewheel works again.

This is one of the reasons the mapper rewrite is a big project and not just something that I can fix easily before then. The original zMUD mapper was not designed properly to handle focus properly (internally, the map doesn't have a Windows Handle, so it cannot get focused). I have kludged this a bit in CMUD so that the mapper will mostly work, but it needs a rewrite to fix it properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: