Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Venka
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:14 am   

am having a mud display issue

Hi :)

My video card burned out so I switched the computer over to the on-board video until my new card arrives. I am having display issues with the mud :/

Normally the mud output is not choppy. I don't really know how to describe this very well, but it is almost as if each line is causing a the mud to do a refresh or something like that. The text doesn't flow like it usually does, it's all choppy - it displays a line of text then briefly pauses, then dispalys the next line & pauses. These are fractional pauses so it looks all choppy. Normally it does not do this, normally the text just flows. I hope I am describing this well enough!

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Is it something I just have to live with until I get a video card? or is there some setting somewhere that is messed up?
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:30 am   

I would try finding a new driver for the onboard card. It sounds like the driver is bad or incorrectly found.
Short of that you may want to set your resolution lower or your refresh rate higher.

If your monitor can take it, and your video card can do it, your refresh rate should always be at or above 72hz
Florescent bulbs make the flickering more pronounced so if you have them you may try changing to a standard bulb until you get a new card.

If you cannot go up to 72 then set it as high as you can.
My monitors only support up to 60hz but I'm not seeing much flickering anyway.
Venka
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:35 am   

Thank you - that is exactly what the problem was. I reinstalled the drivers & now it's working like it should.

Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: