Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:57 pm   

[2.18] PE variable XML view corrupts at 65536 bytes (16 bit limit)

Yet another of those odd things. This one seems quite minor, but might be related to the crash in my other report involving XML view and a large variable.

Procedure
1. Launch CMud
2. Close Sessions window (ESC)
3. Enter at the command line
Code:
#VAR a {%repeat("a",65536)};#VAR ab {%repeat("a",65535)}

4. Open Package Editor (CTRL-G)
5. Click XML tab in variable 'a' panel
6. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the view, you will note the closing is overlaying the final 'a'.

This particular flaw gets even worse with larger variables, making everything after the 65535th byte completely unreadable. It actually almost looks like it is a line wrapping problem, because of it occurring at exactly that byte and the presence of the opening var XML data. Even when a larger variable name or longer id is caused, which changes the opening tag, the flaw is still found at the exact same byte. You can check that by looking at the ab variable.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:44 pm   

Hmm, I hope the Scintilla component that I'm using for the Editor doesn't have some weird text limit. But I've added this to the bug list.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:31 pm   

It isn't so much of a "text limit" in Scintilla. I verified that Scintilla doesn't have any limit. In the above case, if you click on the top-level module and then click the XML tab, you will see both variables, and if you add some text to the end of the "a" variable, you will easily see the overwrite issue in the XML view.

But I verified that the editor contains the correct data and is still properly editable. So it appears that this is a display "glitch" in the Scintilla editor when displaying huge lines that need to be wrapped.

Unfortunately, I don't see anything I can do about it, so this will need to remain in the "cannot be fixed" category until some future date when the Scintilla DLL is updated and fixed. Sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: