Play RetroMUD
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:41 am   

Some suggestions about chat client, and cMUD lite

The Chat Client
I have a few suggestions that would be nice for the chat client:
1. Sharing of maps/settings etc through the chat
2. Zuggsoft.com chat channels that you could access. Perhaps integrate it a bit on the website and have one of those "online" icons next to posters name, if they are playing.
3. Virtual MUD communication. E.g say you are playing on www.somemud.org:1234. Then you would automatically connect to the "www.somemud.org:1234" chat channel. Possibly there could be sub channels avaible as well. So instead of using the ingame tell commands to communicate you would get this more private communication channel.
4. If Virtual MUD channels are used it would be neat to display on Zuggsoft what MUDs have a lot of player activity.
5. Ability to use triggers to communicate through a separate trigger channel for that MUD between friends. E.g you could make a script to send hp/mana status to people you are in group with to display their status on a gauge.
6. zChat/MudMaster protocol support so that people still can communicate with people who havent upgraded.
7. Open protocol. Other clients/muds could join the network.
8. Voice chat support could be interesting to consider. I saw that there is some codec for it called Speex, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speex, but I guess there might be other ones out there that could be used as well. I don't know if Jabber has some suggested extension standard for voice chat or not, perhaps Zuggsoft could suggest one.

cMUD lite
1. Recruit-A-Friend Very Happy. If the application isn't supposed to be free but come with cMUD it could be a very good approach to let people recruit a friend. Let their friend use the cMUD lite for some time to connect to the specific MUD they were recruited to. If the friend upgrades to the full version, then possibly they both could get some extra space on mymuds.com or something similar. A question would be how many recruit-a-friend tokens people can hand out and how often.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: