Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:17 pm   

[2.18] CMUD Hangs indefintely

It doesnt happen everytime, but this little snippit of code really seems to bother CMUD.

#WHILE (%iskey( @{@fish}, ${length}Min)) {#IF (@fishdistance<%db( @{@fish}, ${length}Min)) {#SAY {Speedchange};$length=%item(@reels, %eval(%ismember($length, @reels)-1))}}

reels="all|short|medium|long"
$length=long
fish= one word noun for the fish i caught, salmon, bass, ect
fishdistance= integer between 1-70
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:21 pm   

the syntax ${length}Min needs a severe kick up the bum. You could concatenate it explicitly.

But yeah, CMUD should raise an error and not just hang.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:44 am   

That syntax is used in several others of my scripts without the lockup.

I am thinking it has something to do with the parameters of the #WHILE changing before the whole thing resolves, but seeing as how it should be rechecking said value at the end of each iteration, i'm not sure.

Unless the value it is checking is stored in memory and doesn't get recompiled with each iteration and its getting stuck in a loop checking for the longMin key over and over...

That would explain why it is getting stuck... but i would think hitting escape would break out of that, and it doesn't.
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:13 pm   

I have a problem with CMUD hanging forever too - may be related I don't know.

I have a statusbar that displays values of certain interesting variables like roundtime, current weapon, etc. The value of my statusbar is shown below:

Roundtime: @Capturing/Roundtime/roundtime Weapon: @Equipment/Weapons/weapon Armor: @Equipment/Armor/armorNames Tool: @Equipment/Tools/tool Mindstate: @Activities/Practice/activityMindstate

Because I am moving and changing scripts at the moment not all of these variables actually exists yet. Now, if I try to make a new variable with the same name as one of those nonexisting ones the statusbar is trying to refer to CMUD hangs - I cannot do anything but pressing ctrl+alt+delete and terminate the program. If I have an existing variable and try to rename it to one of the same nonexisting variables the program hangs too.

Now, although annoying this is easy to work around and it probably don't happen so often unless you move things in the "wrong order", but it's definitely a bug and should be fixed. I can't figure out if it's related to yours but maybe you can see a pattern?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: