Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Haldrik
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:50 am   

#gag causing prompt spam.

Hey guys.

I'm using #gag to remove certain spam from my mud. With nothing going on I get spammed with prompts. for example..

Example:
Joe tosses a couple of her glass spheres into the air in an attempt to juggle them. She manages to get them going, and keeps them flying for a short time, before finally catching them with a minimum of fumbling and grabbing.
Pattern: tosses

exec:
#capture gag
#gag

Joe holds a domed cambrinth ring inlaid with a sleek obsidian wolf at rest in both hands and closes her eyes in concentration.
>
>
>
Bob appears to be concentrating intently on something.

I tried using #gag 1 and -1 but it ended up gagging other lines or causing no prompt at all between lines.

What I think i need is... If I'm gagging the prompt > line, it needs to check the previous line to see if its ALSO a >. If not... dont gag.

Any ideas ? :) Thanks
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:28 am   

Use #gag;#gag -1. This gags the line and the prompt before it, leaving you with only the most up-to-date prompt.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Haldrik
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:15 pm   

Just wow.

It works so perfect. I don't even know what to say. I've had issues before but just dealt with them or didn't gag stuff. So simple...

Your solution was so simple/great I feel bad for myself for even thinking my complicated thoughts on how to fix it.

lol...

Thank you :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: