Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:21 pm   

View unread posts (#)

This only ever provides the first 50 posts. So even if you have 62 for instance and then read the 50 you get provided you don't get the other 12 listed as still unread when you click it again, it says no posts match.

Not sure if anything can be done about this or even if it happens for anyone else. I don't think it is cookie related.
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:45 pm   

It does display them all - it's a subset of the search feature, so any posts more than 50 are moved onto a second page. There're page numbers on the right hand side.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:22 pm   

I'm fairly certain that link is different. In the results I've never seen a link to a second page. If it did produce a second page then why wouldn't it display the 12 unread posts on page 1 when I clicked on the link for a second time when the link itself is clearly stating their are 12 unread posts but the page comes back with the message of no matching posts.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:15 am   

OK, call me an idjit, but I don't even see the link for showing unread posts. Exactly where is that link (OK, I know it's probably very large, blinking, and may even have an air horn attached to it, but heck if I can find it)?

Mike
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:24 am   

On the left hand side of the homepage. Or essentially it is this http://www.zuggsoft.com/modules/mx_tinies/view_topics.php?report_id=unread
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:13 am   

Ah, I use the View posts since last visit link and assumed they'd both use search.php. Regardless, I prefer that one - posts don't always seem to show on the unread one, and sometimes I'll accidentally close the window or something.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
mikeC130
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:18 pm   

Thanks for the info. I have a bookmark directly to the forum and skip the home page, so I never noticed the link.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: