Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:44 am   

[2.18] Slowdown of 0.4s in walking when I enable "Match Room Name" in Map Pref

If I enable:

Map Preferences / Speedwalking / Automatic step confirmation / Match Room Name

I see the time it takes to walk from one room to another go from 0.4s to 0.8s. If I disable it, the extra step time goes away.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:31 pm   

That's because it sounds like you are in Safe walking mode and in Safe walking when you enable "Match Room Name" CMUD waits until it receives the room name from the MUD before confirming your step and sending the next step.
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:41 pm   

I am in Safe walking mode and I understand the mechanics of how safe walking works. But understanding all that and everything you said above, it doesn't explain what I'm seeing.

To be specific here is the flow:

<- Travel command entered
-> Room Name Received
-> Room Exits Received
-> Prompt Received

From the time that I enter the travel command to the time that the prompt appears takes an extra 0.4 seconds to complete if I have "Match Room Name" completed, as compared to my disabling it and simply doing that same exact logic myself (ie triggering on the room name and looking at it to make sure it matches).

In both cases I have Safe Walking enabled and in both cases the map gets updated correctly. The difference is that if I have Cmud do the #ok for me it takes 0.4 seconds longer than when I replicate that same logic.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:53 pm   

Hmm, that's very odd. Using that option just creates a trigger with the room name as the pattern and #OK as the script. So I don't know why it would take any longer. I'll see if I can reproduce this on the MUD that I play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: