Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
attackgypsy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:10 pm   

Does Zuggsoft even care?

I got a new machine a few weeks ago, because my old one crashed.

Requested a license file. 2 weeks ago.

Still no response, despite repeated requests.

Do they even really care anymore, or they like every other big corporation? Take your money, and toss you to the dogs.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:25 pm   

They are two people who are on christmas vacation, have patience they will get to you.

Have you tried logging into the zuggsoft store and requesting your license there? https://www.zuggsoft.com/store/index.php
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:57 pm   

That's the reason the Zuggsoft Store was created. As long as you have your original information, you can go to "Orders History" and request a new license to be sent to you. Zugg and Chiara have been on vacation. A well-deserved one, too. And they are not a "big corporation" either. They are a small-time business who expend their own money (whether they get any in return or not) to upgrade/build new projects.

Follow nexela's advice.

Charneus
attackgypsy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:37 pm   

Yeah, well, did that. First.

And still no response.
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:45 pm   

Obviously you DIDN'T do it, or didn't do it right. It is a completely automated process. I've used it twice, once just a month or so ago.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:27 am   

ralgith wrote:
Obviously you DIDN'T do it, or didn't do it right. It is a completely automated process. I've used it twice, once just a month or so ago.

No, I DID DO IT RIGHT.

No email was ever sent.

So now I'm stuck. Oh well.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:16 am   

If you can't log into the Store, that means you have either your email or your password incorrect. Ralgith was assuming you haven't changed either of those since you've ordered. If that's the case, and you've changed your email or password since your order and can't recover them for whatever reason, then that's unfortunate. Normally their response time is the same day, but I don't think it's unreasonale that a two-person team take two or three weeks off each Christmas and that that delays your request slightly. It shouldn't be much longer.

If you can log into the Zuggsoft store using the email and password you provided when you placed your order, check under "Orders History" for the zMUD order - click on the order number or the word "Processed" and then click the "Retrieve License Key" button on the next page. A new key will be emailed to your Store address. There's a limit to the number of times you can do this per time period - if you've tried many times, check your Junk and Deleted folders and see if the license emails have ended up in there. It's possible that a new email might not be sent because you've already requested too many times.

If you can't log into the store for whatever reason, then I can only repeat - it's unfortunate, but I don't think it's unreasonable. The standard procedure is to email sales@zuggsoft.com with as much info as you can about the order (any IDs you were given, postal address, email, etc) and they'll get back to you as fast as they can. I myself have had to do this a couple of times and I thought the ~24hr response time I got was excellent. Since Zugg and Chiara are on holiday, there might be a delay.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:32 pm   

Agreed Fang, I did make that assumption. I've kept the same email for about 6 years now :)
Though I do use more than one ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:20 pm   

Check your spam settings and look in your junk email folder. i reformat my machines often and have used this license recovery several dozen times, it works instantly and without fail. make sure you have the right email address on file, check your spam settings, and look in your junk settings. i can assure you, it is not a hostile 'we hate you' feature at all.
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:46 pm   

Though the poster is sure hostile enough ;)
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:20 am   

• Don't Panic.
  • Check your spam box for your email. It might have gotten tossed in there.
  • I used it a couple weeks ago, but the email server may be having issues which would cause it to break. It's possible.
  • The company is 2 people. 1 technically, but Chiara helps keep him sane. They're on vacation. It's not that they don't care, they have no idea that there are any problems. They'll be back soon and if something is broken, they'll fix it and things will work as they should.
  • The people here are just trying to help out. A vast majority of us have used this system without issue. If you're having problems either the system is broken or you're missing a step.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:44 pm   

Ok, I checked all the spam filters, junk mail, etc, nothing.

Double checked to make sure it was going to the correct email address, it is.

I did send an email, but no response.

And thanks for letting me know its a little 2 person company. That changes the way I look at it.
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:35 pm   

Yes, we care very much. That's why have the new automated system and this great forum for help and advice when we aren't handy. Thanks to all who replied.

Today is our first day back, and I've been in the office since 6am. All pending emails are being answered first come first served and I just replied to yours.

We are a little 2 person company. When we changed our structure I became an official employee. Can't have Zugg mucking up his head with paperwork when he could be programming, now could we?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: