Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
elucid8

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:49 pm   

Local Variable Problem

I am trying to make an alias to switch out a shield that has the same name but different properties so that every time I type the alias, lets call it shield, it will switch back and forth between them. Now this can be done pretty easily like this:

#var isOn;
#al Shield {#if (isOn==1) {get thisShield bag;wear thisShield;put otherShield Bag;isOn=0} {get otherShield Bag;wear otherShield;put thisShield bag;isOn=1} }

Now that works fine. What I don't know is how a local variable could be used to accomplish the same task. I don't know how one would go about this - can anyone help?
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:39 pm   

If you are thinking about using a local variable in the place of isOn it will not work sorry.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:13 am   

Arminas is right. Local variables are only valid for the current script. They're useful for times when, in the past, you'd use a variable called @temp or something.

In this case, you want a value to be stored once the script's finished running, so the script can test it next time. And local variables are lost once the script stops running.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: