Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Pjotr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:37 pm   

Arrays

I see a reply on my mail for another workaround. Will try that one. Thanks, no need to reply on my topic.

----------------

Hi,

In Zmud I tried to use arrays, but every now and then the dat in the array was lost, and the array became an ordinary variable. I think I see the same in CMud now. And more, I cannot make arrays as described in the manual.
If I fill an array with data, and I read the data back in the next line, it is empty.

It is this part:
#LOOP 10,27 {#NOOP %arrset(ItemList,%i,@{Item%i})}

typing #VAR ItemList returns the following line:
Variable: + ItemList (Array) <Array>|Null

This is not as stated in the manual. But requisting a single entry by: #show @itemlist.21 works fine.

In the following combination however, this doesn't work:

#IF (@Mode <> %upper( %1) and @Sleep = "AWAKE" and @Mode <> "MPTY" and %ismember( %upper( %1), "MANA|RAIS|REGN|RENT|STAB|TANK"))
{#VAR ItemList %array(1,1) @MyName;#LOOP 10,27 {#NOOP %arrset(ItemList,%i,@{Item%i})};#T- {@CharNr@Mode};Mode = %upper( %1);#T+ {@CharNr@Mode};remove all;#IF (@Item22 <> @Storage) {get @Storage @Item22};#LOOP 10,27 {#IF (@{Item%i}<>%arrget( ItemList, %i)) {put %if( %left( %arrget( ItemList, %i), 2)="2.", %rightback( %arrget( ItemList, %i), %len( %arrget( ItemList, %i))-2), %arrget( ItemList, %i)) @Storage;get @{Item%i} @storage}};#IF (@Item22 <> @Storage) {put @Storage @Item22};wear all}

Does anyone have clue or advise how to bypass this problem?

Thanks.

Pjotr
Dharkael
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:19 pm   

The array is getting populated as requested the only problem is that when you do #VAR ItemList it doesn't actually show you what the array contains.
It only shows what the array contained when it was initially created.
If you tried something like #LOOP 0,%arrhigh(ItemList) {#SHOW %i: %arrget(ItemList,%i)}, you could see the data is actually present.
Arde
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:02 am   

There is #SHOWARR command for displaying an array. Or you may use a custom loop, as Dharkael suggested. #SHOWARR
-#SECTION can terminate threads
-Buttons can't start threads
Pjotr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:03 am   

Thanks for your replies. I will try your advise.

Pjotr
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: