Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:40 pm   

CMUD and CMUD Pro v2.18 PUBLIC version released!

Finally!! I have released the 2.18 Public version of CMUD. I have also released the 2.18 Public version of CMUDPro (CMUD with SSH support).

Please see the Version History for details on the bugs that were fixed in this version.

I will announce this public version in the main CMUD forum tomorrow (Friday). So if you find any emergencies, please post them in the Beta forum today. I will only be able to fix things that are truly critical issues. I'm especially interested in any *new* problems caused by any changes made in this last version.

As always, be sure to CREATE A NEW POST to report a bug in this version. Be sure to put the version number in your post subject, like [2.18] and be sure to mention what version of Windows you are using. Please give as much information about the bug as possible. The easier it is to reproduce, the quicker it will get fixed. If you get a crash, be sure and send the crash dump report so that I can collect as much information on crashes as possible.

CMUDPro is a completely separate download, and also has a separate license. It has it's own 30-day free trial. I am offering a good discount for a limited time for existing CMUD users. If you bought CMUD and want to upgrade to CMUD Pro, log into your store account at https://www.zuggsoft.com/store (If you forgot your password, use the Recover Password link on that page). Once you are logged in, simply add CMUDPro to your shopping cart. It should show a discount of $30 with a total price of $9.95.

You can also buy CMUDPro separately for $39.95 if you don't already have CMUD. The price of CMUDPro (and the upgrade) will increase when the public version is released. So take advantage of this discount while you can.

To Repeat: YOUR CMUD LICENSE WILL NOT WORK FOR CMUDPRO! You need a separate CMUD Pro license. The reason it's a separate product is to keep the price of the regular version of CMUD low for people who don't care about SSH support. SSH support is more of a business feature. Once CMUDPro SSH has been fully tested and the public version of CMUDPro is released, then I'll also release a business-oriented Telnet/SSH product called TeSSH that will be less expensive than CMUDPro but will strip out all of the MUD-related stuff (mapper, MUD list, speedwalking, etc).

In addition to the SSH Support, CMUDPro also enables the zMapper COM-based scripting plugin, even if you don't own zMapper. This allows you to view zMapper-enhanced maps within CMUDPro without zMapper, and allows you to use all of the COM-based scripting that is documented in the zMapper help file.

We are going to use the same forums for both CMUD and CMUDPro. So if you report a bug that is specific to the SSH part of CMUDPro, be sure and put CMUDPro in the subject of the post.

Last edited by Zugg on Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:24 am; edited 2 times in total
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:48 pm   

Woot! Thanks for making CMUD in the first place, let alone all of the upgrades and new improvements! Have a Merry Christmas!!!!
Arde
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:54 pm   

My congratulations to you, Zugg. Very Happy You've work hard for this day.
-#SECTION can terminate threads
-Buttons can't start threads
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:11 pm   

Thank you Zugg and Chiara. We appreciate your hardwork and love your name sake products.
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:22 am   

Have a great holiday and well deserved rest. Very Happy
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:35 am   

2.17 Has been going great for me. Happy holidays and enjoy your vacation.
Asilient_1
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:45 am   

So far, no problems whatsoever. It has been a long time in waiting, but I'm sure those who have been waiting won't be disappointed.

All the best for the holidays, Zugg and Chiara.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: