Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
MNGrizzly
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:34 pm   

[2.14] Random Access Violations

I'm getting strange access violations with 2.14 that severely limit its usability. They are happening at odd times, on triggers that have worked in the past. I've submitted two bug reports, the most recent looks like it occurred when sipping mana, which is a trigger that fires often, and usually works. Others are occurring during curing, which I originally thought had to do with some of those triggers, or the speed at which they were firing, but I'm thinking now it was likely due to the fact so many were firing, the odds were just better that one was going to run into this Access Violation.

Hopefully the bug reports contain enough info to fix it, but I figured I'd open this thread just in case more info was needed, or others were having a similar issue.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:49 pm   

Not much to go on here. We'd need to see more details on the triggers/scripts that are failing.

If you are using string lists, especially with local variables, that might be causing the crashes...the problem with the string list caching is already fixed in v2.15.

Shouldn't matter now fast anything is firing unless you are using #WAIT commands to run multiple scripts in parallel.
MNGrizzly
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:06 pm   

Not using any waits or local variables, but I am using a number of string lists. I'll check again with 2.15, and if it's not fixed, see if I can dig a little deeper. It's tough on this end to tell what exactly is happening, as I haven't found any reliable way to reproduce this (although it happens often) and when it happens, all triggers stop working, so that doesn't give me many options for debugging.
MNGrizzly
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:16 am   

Ok... I'm still running into this in 2.16, I've sent one more bug report in case it was helpful, but assuming it's not, what information that I can provide would be the most helpful? Usually when this occurs, my options are a bit limited, as the Access Violation window just keeps popping up every time I try and 'Continue Application'.

And... one new (but related?) issue in 2.16, when I execute my squint alias, this command gives me an Access Violation as well.. but a different sort I've not seen before, with a window that lists the command that caused it.

#alarm "squint_alarm" +2 {#VAR Squinting 0;#VAR SquintIndex 1}

In this case, the error I get is:

Error parsing command:
Access violation at address 9065646F. Read of address 9065646F
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:33 pm   

It is generally a bad idea to press 'Continue Application' after receiving an Acces Violation. Unless you know it is not serious, or you might die if you close and reopen CMUD, I would recommend you close CMUD at that point. Any further errors after pressing 'Continue Application' may be affected by the first AV, and therefore of little interest to us here.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:45 pm   

This script snippet works for me, so you must have some other script interactions that are causing the error.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: