Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:54 pm   

SQLite deleted data retrieval

The last thing I did with 2.15 before closing it was move many of the new functions I was working on from one package into another. 2.15 sat there for 3 hours after that move waiting for me to close it.

Now I get the shiny new 2.16 installed and figure I can finally actually test all these new functions. They are gone though. They never saved in the new package, and the old package for them of course says they don't exist. I forgot to back up that package since added it to my array of packages, and even if I had the most dificult piece of the whole was written last night and this morning.

Now I can see most of the data still in the .pkg file. It doesn't look like much if anything was destroyed, but it is very difficult to seperate it all out with a hex editor. I am really sick of rewriting stuff because CMud loses it. I thought every single one of those bugs had already been found.

Does anyone know of any program that can help retrieve the data out of the database?
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:10 am   

Well, this is something I would recommend...
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlite-manager/

Though there was a thread here in the beta forum about someone using software to edit their .pkg file and it trimming size way down without affecting the file itself.
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:47 am   

Yeah, that was Vijilante (with SQL Administrator). Have you tried looking for these settings in your package with SQL Administrator?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: