Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:07 am   

[2.12] Help regarding capturing MXP output to child window

Code:
[Map Size: Big]
/--Ashtan.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------v2366--\

[ ]-[ ]                                     
                                                 /                                           
                                              [*]                                             
                                             /                                               
                                          [ ]                                                 
                                         / |                                                 
                                       /   |                                                 
                                     /                                                       
                  [ ]             [ ]      |                                                 
                 / | \           / | \     |                                                 
                   |   \       /   |  [ ]-[ ]                                                 
                 \ |     \   /     | /   \ | \                                               
                  [ ]- - -[ ]- - -[ ]     [ ]                                                 
                     \   /           \   /   \       \                                       
                      [ ]- -   -   - -[ ]     [ ]- - -[ ]                                     
                     /   \           / |     / |       |                                     
                 -[ ]      \       /   |   /           |                                     
                   |         \   /     | /                                                   
                              [ ]- - -[ ]              |                                     
                         \ | / | \   /   \ |           |                                     
                          [ ]  |  [ ]     [^]- -   - -[ ]                                     
                         / | \ | /   \   /   \         | \                                   
                           |  [ ]- - -[ ]      \       |                                     
                           | / | \     |                                                     
                          [ ]  |   \   |           \   |                                     
                             \                                                               
\--Time: 352 usec-----------------------------------------------------------------------------/

This map is generated in colour, and utilises mxp for several functions. I can hover over any of the 'rooms' with the cursor, and the room name is displayed. I can also click on a room and "map path <vnum>" is sent.

I use a couple of triggers and #CAP to display this in a child window, but none of the mxp is preserved when I do this. I would particularly like to have the room names displayed when I pass over with the cursor.

Can I achieve this?

Last edited by Caled on Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:37 am   

I have been wanting to #CAPTURE MXP from the mud (if only color) since the days of zMUD.

Currently I dont think its possible, as only ansi codes codes are transferred by #CAP right now.
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:23 pm   

Unfortunately MXP is not transferred via the #capture command. That is planned for the future, but probably not for the next public version.
Iceclaw
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:39 pm   

Can you use some other series of commands to capture the information and recreate the MXP in the other window in a roundabout fashion?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:24 pm   

It sounds like there's a ton of MXP in the map and that there might not be places where there's no MXP at all. If that's the case, you might be able to trigger on the MXP tags. With so many, though, I'm not sure if you can just directly send it to the other window as opposed to building a stringlist or datarecord first.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:01 pm   

From the Version History for v2.13:
Quote:
Added option in MXP preferences to control whether text captured to a window will capture MXP tags

So, just click on your capture window, then click Prefs and go to the MXP page. Turn on the "Capture MXP" option. Then you should be able to capture MXP tags to your child window.

Multiline MXP tags cannot be captured. But I have tested it with COLOR tags and SEND tags (with menus). If your child window has a network connection (or uses the main session connection), then the SEND menus should work fine. I haven't tested images.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: