Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:45 pm   

[2.11 Pro] How do I set priority for #EVENT?

It seems that the pri=123 syntax only works for #TRIGGER and not for other things like #EVENT. I tried #EVENT OnTest {#SAY test} {} {pri=100} and it assigned "pri=100" to the ID for the event. I really need to be able to set priorities for these events and it would be nice to be able to do so through just the #EVENT command. Thanks!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:56 pm   

Sorry, but most commands don't implement options like this on the command line. It's just like trying to set the various options for a Macro, or to set the AutoAppend option for an alias. Only triggers get set their options, and that's just for backwards compatibility with zMUD. There are far too many new features to be accessible completely from the command line. You need to use the Package Editor GUI to change the priority.

It's possible that I'll add a %priority function in the future. But I'm not going to keep adding more and more arguments to the commands like #EVENT. That's how we ended up with the #BUTTON mess in zMUD.
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:02 pm   

Bad news then. Sad

I've got lots of these events, and I've been doing lots of editing and importing. I'm not ready to start using XML for all my scripting yet, but I may have to go that way soon... A %priority function would help, though.
Iceclaw
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:22 pm   

Agreed, a %priority functino could be very useful!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: