Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Solaras
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:05 pm   

[2.11] Copy/Pasting from window

I realize this has been a thing with all the other versions, but I thought hopefully now with the bigger bugs and stuff coming down in size (as noted by version histories getting shorter and shorter yay!) that I might bring this up now.

In zMUD you could highlight a line in the output window and it would put that in your clipboard, then you could easily paste this in as your trigger line as needed.

In the cMUD you can do this, but ONLY if nothing on the command input bar is highlighted i.e you don't autoclear the command input bar on enter key.

I am not sure about other people, but I know I really enjoyed the fact I could quickly highlight something, switch to settings and paste it in. Now I have to make sure I clear the command input before I can do that. Can we please have paste from window override paste from command input window? If there is a reason for not, I understand, or maybe this has been brought up before and I missed it.
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:02 pm   Re: [2.11] Copy/Pasting from window

Solaras wrote:
I realize this has been a thing with all the other versions, but I thought hopefully now with the bigger bugs and stuff coming down in size (as noted by version histories getting shorter and shorter yay!) that I might bring this up now.

In zMUD you could highlight a line in the output window and it would put that in your clipboard, then you could easily paste this in as your trigger line as needed.

In the cMUD you can do this, but ONLY if nothing on the command input bar is highlighted i.e you don't autoclear the command input bar on enter key.

I am not sure about other people, but I know I really enjoyed the fact I could quickly highlight something, switch to settings and paste it in. Now I have to make sure I clear the command input before I can do that. Can we please have paste from window override paste from command input window? If there is a reason for not, I understand, or maybe this has been brought up before and I missed it.

Hmm...It works fine for me. Not sure why it isn't working for you.
Solaras
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:04 pm   

Not sure but quite often I will highlight something on the output window, go to paste it, and instead what is pasted is the last command on the command input bar. This has happened in every version. Confused Maybe it's just me!
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:03 pm   

It works fine for me too. What version of Windows are you using? Are you pressing Ctrl-C or just selecting text? (Both work for me anyway.)
Solaras
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:09 pm   

Strangely it is working fine now for me too, and only grabbing the command bar text when I do crtl+insert, where before it was doing it on highlight too.

Type something in the command editor, hit enter, highlight something on the output, hit crtl+insert, then paste to some place with shift+insert.

It should paste the command bar text.

This may be intentional though, in which case that's ok. Not sure why the highlight starting working, but I am glad it did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: