Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
cosine_omerta
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:18 pm   

Multiple character logons, same mud, vista

I have 2 separate characters that I have on the same mud, but no matter which icon I click on in zmud, the same character name and password always trigger. (If I click on Bob, it puts in Bob's name and password and if I click on Stan, Bob's name and password still go in.) I've checked all the settings in the edit, the session id, name, password etc, and they are different and are correct, but they always put in one over the other. I have recently started playing on a vista box and wonder if this is the only problem. Zmud works for me in all other ways, so I am hoping to just fix this problem. Anybody have this problem? Any suggestions are appreciated.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:21 pm   

How have you set up the two different characters? Do you have two totally separate icons with two totally separate MUD files, or something else?

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
cosine_omerta
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:23 pm   

Yup, two completely separate icons. I originally had both using the same mud files, but when this problem arose, I deleted both, then made two separate mud files, re-created them using separate files, and tested it. Still logs on the same character name and password even with two separate mud files.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:44 am   

Did you edit the mud session to make sure that you have the right character information assigned to each? Are you making that you don't have an autologin trigger somewhere that's hardcoded the login information?
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:15 am   

Each one has a different character name, password, and session ID. The autolog triggers, which I actually have disabled at this point, use the standard #CH and #PW calls which I haven't changed at all.
cosine_omerta
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:33 am   

Ok. So I *think* I've answered my own question. I started isolating files and eventually found that if I changed only the *.lay file, the proper session information worked. So I now have a separate *.lay file associated with each icon, and so far (knock on wood) I am not having the problem. I'm not sure why :) but it seems to be fixed.
Leyline
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:03 pm   

Yes this is something I noticed, and asked about in a recent post, why does the layout file affect the character .mud and login
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: