Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zodican
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:18 am   

[2.05] Speedwalks causing a freeze

Using speedwalks from the command line (via .example or reverse as well ..example) is causing my mud output to freeze. Pressing ESC results in the window catching up, the path is sent, but it freezes and I get an error. Will submit a report from CMUD, but I wanted to put it here as well to see if anyone else is having the issue. These same paths worked fine in 2.04, so this is a new thing with 2.05 for me.

Also tried using a fresh settings file, creating a path, and executing it and got the same results. I'm using Windows Vista if that helps.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:11 am   

Is the mapper open? Do you have any sort of room scripts or other triggers that might be firing at the same time? Definitely submit the error or post a copy here.
Zodican
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:47 am   

Mapper not open. I never use the mapper as I can't get it configured for Materia Magica. These are just speedwalks I created either with the #Path command or using the editor itself. This settings file is pretty much completely empty. There is only 1 trigger and it is definitely not a room trigger at all. There should really be no other scripts going at all.

I submitted the error. Attached a screenshot but that probably won't tell you much.

To add, it's now becoming really strange. For example I have a path that is like 150 rooms called Rune2Rigel. If I do .rune2rigel from the command line, the screen freezes. Before, I could hit ESC and it would catch up. Now, it will freeze and every time I press a key on the keyboard (pretty much any key; Backspace, Space, Enter, etc all work) it submits about 2-3 rooms at a time. All this time there is no MUD text coming to my screen, but the rooms are scrolling by if I hold down a key. When it gets to the end of the path, the MUD catches up and I get nailed with all of the room text. If I hit ESC now, it sends about 2-3 rooms of the path then stops. Only if I hold down some other key will it send the entire path and then catch up.

*Edit* It appears to be kind of random. Sometimes it freezes after sending 1 maybe 2 rooms. If this happens, I hit ESC and it sends the rest of the path then gives me 3 errors one after the other. If it sends no rooms before freezing, I just hold down whatever key and it will eventually get through the entire path.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:07 pm   

I have verified this problem and I have it fixed for the next version. Speedwalk paths, History commands (like !2), and window reference commands (like :windowname:command) were not being handled in a threadsafe way and were not being synchronized with the main user interface. So this would cause intermittent problems and hangs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: