Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Llwethen
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:38 pm   

Dual Install

Is there anyway to have 1.34 and 2.01 simultaneously installed on the same machine?

Uninstalling, reinstalling is kind of insane after a few times.

I don't care if only one will run at a time. I'd just like to be able to quickly close one and open the other.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:46 pm   

Yes. As long as they are installed to different directories, then they should work fine. Keep in mind that you also need separate directories for the Data File Location that is prompted in the installer. And if you do this on Vista, you might have some file permission issues if you put the Data File in the same directory as the Program Files.

What I do on my own computer (which has dozens of different versions of CMUD installed on it) is to install each one to it's own top level directory (like CMUD134, CMUD201, etc) and then tell it to put the Data files in the same location as the exe. This works fine on WinXP.

The only time you might have trouble is if you have any external programs that use the CMUD COM API since Windows will always associate the CMUD COM objects with the most recent version you installed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: