PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:23 am   

%ismember

#TRIGGER {Your body (*)} {#VAR body {%1}}
#COND {Your spirit feels (*)} {#VAR spirit {%1}}
#COND {You have (*)} {
#VAR wounds {%subchar( "%1", ",!.?:()[]<>", "|")}
#LOOP %numitems( @wounds) {
#VAR currentwound %item( @wounds, 1)
#IF %ismember( @currentwound, @esleftarm) {#VAR Myfreshexternals %additem( @currentwound, @Myfreshexternals)} {#VAR wounds %delitem( @currentwound, @wounds)}
}
}

Variable: wounds an occasional twitching in the neck| some tiny scars across the left arm|some tiny scars across the left eye| a small skin rash| a few nearly invisible scars along the skin

Variable: esleftarm some tiny scars across the left arm|minor scarring along the left arm|severe scarring along the left arm|severe scarring and ugly gashes about the left arm|severe scarring and chunks of flesh missing from the left arm|a severely scarred, mangled and malformed left arm|an ugly flesh stump for a left arm

Variable: Myfreshexternals

I am doing something wrong. I assume it is with %ismember, I tried it with %pos too, neither work. My guess is you cannot check a string of variables against a string. Any suggestions?

Also, can you add multiple variables to %ismember...

eg: %ismember( abc, @yes OR @no OR @maybe)
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:27 am   

You're right, your use of %ismember is wrong. The easiest way to do this kind of comparison is with #forall:

match=""
#forall @listone {#if %ismember(%i,@listtwo) {match=%i;#abort}}

I've also moved your post to the zMUD discussion forum, since this forum is for completed scripts you want to share with the public.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:37 am   

It looks like part of your problem is with the line "#VAR currentwound %item( @wounds, 1)", as that won't change at all with the loop. The correct version of that line is "#VAR currentwound %item( @wounds, %i)", but #FORALL is still a better way to handle this.

You will also have a problem with the item in @esleftarm of "a severely scarred, mangled and malformed left arm". The use of %subchar eliminates commas and that particular item contains a comma so it will never be able to match.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: