Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
sheetan
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:08 pm   

MUD clock question

Hi,

I have a question about making a MUD clock for the mud I play
In the mud I play, 24hours in real life are 2hours in the game(we have 1 day, which is represented by 1 hour of "day" and 1 hour of "night")...What I want to do is make a clock which is constant, to appear in zMUD indicating the time which my MUD is currently at...I have no idea how to make this, but I'm sure it's do-able.
I appreciate any help and suggestions

Thank you in advance

P.S: 24h = 2h ; 12h = 1h ; 6h = 30 minutes ; 3h = 15 minutes ; 1h = 5 minutes ; 30 minutes = 2.5minutes

Syntax: RL time ; MUD time

Again, thanks alot
[/code]
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:20 pm   

You'll need to find a way of synching the timer with the MUD time when you first log in, but once that's done you can just use something like this:

#alarm {1} {#add CurrentTime 12}

This will add 12 seconds to the current time every 1 one real second. You can customise the time it takes for each update to make it slower if you want.

Then you need something to reset the timer each in-game midnight (this will also set the time when you first log in if there's no better way).

#trig {It is midnight} {CurrentTime=0}

Then, finally, to display hours, minutes and seconds, you just do maths on the CurrentTime number:

#say The time is %if(@CurrentTime>3600,%eval(@CurrentTime/3600),00):%if(@CurrentTime>60,%eval((@CurrentTime/60)\60),00):%if(@CurrentTime>0,%eval(@CurrentTime\60),00)

EDIT: Added some colour to help break up the three different calculations.

the \60 part in that command might confuse you - it gives the modulus of @CurrentTime, that is, the remainder when @CurrentTime is divided by 60. What it means is that if @CurrentTime were, say, 3660, that the minutes number will correctly display 1 instead of 61.

PS. You might find you need to "pad out" the numbers with 0s when they're below 10. You can do this with the %format function or with something like:

%concat(%if(@num<10,0),@num)

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: