Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
DanteX
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:24 pm   

[2.01] stops responding completely

I don't know what happens, but at 2 occations the program has stopped responding completely for me. And not in a nice way, but in the way that the Windows Task Manager shows it doesn't respond and I have to kill the operation in order to close it. No pressing escape, no bug report, nothing is possible to do.

D
Solaras
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:51 pm   

This has happened to me as well. I am not sure the cause of it, but my CPU Usage display on the keyboard suddenly jumps to 100% and locks. Task Manager closes CMud and opening it again I haven't run into the same problem.

The only thing I was doing at the time was editing an event, and I have been unable to reproduce this.
Llwethen
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:24 pm   

I have a mobdead event that gets raised when a mob dies in common package used by all my characters. The specific package for each character than has a mobdead event to process actions.

If I play one character logoff, open another session without restarting cmud. Cmud will lock up when the event goes off. Only task manager can get rid of it.

If I totally restart Cmud 2.01 then I have no problems.
gamma_ray
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:11 am   

Llwethen, make sure you post that in its own thread with a decent subject line so Zugg sees it.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:55 pm   

If you have a way to reproduce this, please post the exact detailed script that is causing the problem. These kind of "stops responding completely" problems are thread-related and are very difficult to fix without extremely detailed instructions on how to reproduce it.
DanteX
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:57 pm   

I don't know how to make you reproduce it. Because once was while I was simply working in the editor with my scripts, and was not connected to any MUD. The other time I was connected and it worked fine for a while, but then suddenly just flipped out. I couldn't send a bug report any of the times.

The only times when I managed to send bug reports, was when something had happened to the prompt in my main window. It was hidden, so I tried to correct it, but as soon as I moved it, it appeared to stop responding as the CPU usage raised to max. After a while it crashed and I sent bug reports.

When that happened. it looked like there were 3 available prompts, but there was actually 2, cuz one was some kind of copy, which I noticed by writing something in one of them, and the text appearing in 2 of them. It seemed somehow like the other prompt was belonging to another window, which was only a capture window...

Pressing ESC did not help in any of the cases to calm it down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: