Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
shadgron

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:31 am   

CMUD Icon changes colour

Hi
Today I noticed that the CMUD icon on my Windows Taskbar and also at the top left of the open program window(when I was connected to a MUD), changed colour. I saw it change from the orangy colour to yellow and also red once. Is this telling me that the connection to the mud is poor or is there something more sinister about the colour change.

shadgron
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:11 am   

Nothing quite that complex. CMUD changes to green when you connected and turns to red when you get disconnected.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:52 am   

Thanks. What does yellow mean? As I said these were the colors I saw while connected to the Mud, not just at the start and ending of the session. In fact the yellow was on continously for some periods of time.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:45 am   

Yellow is the normal CMUD icon - looks like this: or without the "MUD" part.

The icon turns green when the MUD sends new text but CMUD isn't your current window, to tell you that something is happening.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:08 pm   

To add to that, I'm fairly sure there's something on the wishlist to allow users to control which colour the CMUD icon is - something I'd love to be able to do so I can stop CMUD alerting me for trivial things
Daagar
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:07 pm   

Hmm... I've seen the icon change colors during an active connection as well (where cmud was also the active window). I thought it was a latency/"lag" indicator so didn't think much of it. Now I'll need to go back and pay more attention...
shadgron

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:11 pm   

Interesting. But Fang orange is the colour I see normally when I'm properly connected to a MUD or when the program is not open and is sitting on my desktop. I was just describing what I consider the transient or non-normal colours. By the way the non-standard colours have not reappeared once I deleted the MUD's icon and redid it. So the colours I had seen were orange the Icon Fang showed, Red, Green, and Yellow.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:32 am   

Green is new text, like I said. Red is that the session has been disconnected. Yellow I believe is connecting or connection problems - the icon turns yellow for a split-second for me while connecting, before turning orange when the connection is successful.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
shadgron

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:40 am   

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: