Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:31 am   

[1.34] Crash on close

I've been getting a crash on closing Cmud for a loooong time, actually since i've started using it. I've tried clean installs (Clean to my knowledge) but it doesn't seem to help. I get an access violation at address 00BF5A0F in module Cmud.exe Write address of 00000A95. the date and time of my most recent crash is 2007-07-25, 22:27:08, 171ms. It always happens when I close CMUD, and I know I've submitted at least 5 or so crash bug reports. Any help would be appreciated.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:05 am   

Zugg has said before that crashes on closing are usually symptoms of a bug which screwed up CMUD's memory while you were playing, but only manifested itself when you closed CMUD. It could be due to a problem with your install, or a corrupt package.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:48 pm   

Jed: Tell me what name you used when you sent your crash dump reports and I'll search for them. But usually a crash at exit is very hard to pin down, because it just means that Windows is releasing some memory that was corrupted sometime during the running of the program. Usually this is caused by a bad trigger with #WAIT commands that might still be running in the background, so check for anything like that, or any trigger that might have an infinite loop in it.
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:55 am   

Well, first off... I am notoriously bad at using #wait commands. I have them eeeeeverywhere in my scripts so you've prolly just pinned the problem down for me. I've been submitting bug reports from the email address gumbudah aaaattttt charter.net (obviously replace the aaaattttt with @) from adam erickson.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: