Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
NeverNor
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:11 pm   

constant zMUD to cMUD lack of saving conversion error

So I load cMUD and it ask me if I would like to import my zMUD session. I select yes, it goes through, I load offline and I get an error report as it is converting; fine. I then look at the compatibility report and make the changes to areas it indicates as errors, mostly things like & instead of && and (+1) instead of (1). I save the package, exit cMUD and reload it, only to be confronted with the same errors in the same areas, like I had done, or it had saved nothing.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:12 pm   

You shouldn't need to specifically "save the package". That makes a copy of the package, and CMUD is probably still loading the original. Packages are saved in the background automatically. So just load your session and edit the settings, then quit CMUD. You can see which package file is being loaded by using the Edit Session action, and then go to the Files tab. The filename shown there is what is being loaded, and the full path is given below.
NeverNor
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:54 am   

No everytime I make an edit it goes back and does the whole converting triggers and whatnot. It also errors while it is trying to do that, but I press continue application, as I am loading an offline instance. Nothing I am doing seems to have any effect on the settings menu and the triggers.
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:19 pm   

You set your primary "package" to a .mud file and that tells CMUD to convert from the zMUD format and do the compatibility report. After that, however, you need to set your primary package to the .pkg that CMUD created from your .mud, I think. Double-check to make sure you're using the .pkg now?
NeverNor
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:24 pm   

Ok, that seems to have worked, actually moving ahead now. Which is good, I have a bunch of scripts I would like to post but would rather do them in cMUD vs ZMUD. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: