Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
bebamedo
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:06 am   

explanation on effect of trigger needed

ok, i made following trigger:
#TRIGGER {H:(%d) M:(%d) E:(%d) W:(%d) <(*)>} {#IF %pos( "e", %5) {#VAR Advanced_Healing/equilibrium 1} {#VAR Advanced_Healing/equilibrium 0};#IF %pos( "b", %5) {#VAR Advanced_Healing/balance 1} {#VAR Advanced_Healing/balance 0};#IF %pos( "s", %6) {#VAR Advanced_Healing/stunned = 1} {#VAR Advanced_Healing/stunned 0};#IF %pos( "p", %6) {#VAR Advanced_Healing/prone 1} {#VAR Advanced_Healing/prone 0};#IF %pos( "b", %6) {#VAR Advanced_Healing/NonBlind 0} {#VAR Advanced_Healing/NonBlind 1};#IF %pos( "d", %6) {#VAR Advanced_Healing/NonDeaf 0} {#VAR Advanced_Healing/NonDeaf 1}}

Now, what i want to know is, why this trigger makes new variable every time, instead changing the existing one. In 10 secs I end up with 10 same vars of each one in there, instead them changing.

any help is good
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:26 am   

I don't get this problem. It's possible that another script or a preference setting is causing the error. It's pprobable that it's to do with the explicit Advanced_Healing/varname syntax you're using and an interaction with something else, though.

If you put this trigger in the Advanced_Healing class, you can safely remove all the references to Advanced_Healing, so

#var Advanced_Healing/prone 1
becomes
#var prone 1

and you should still get the same effect.

If you have no other variables with the names "equilibrium", "balance", etc etc, (and you probably shouldn't need any if I've guessed correctly which game this is for) you don't even need to remove the trigger. Just remove the class references and it'll still change the right variables, provided they already exist and the class is enabled when the trigger fires.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: