Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
eleytheria
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:01 pm   

#URL

Hey All,

I have a question concerning the usage of #URL.

There is a database that I am submitting stats to from the mud that I play. One of the variables has a space in it. In ZMUD, it manages to submit the URL successfully to the database with the space in it.

However, if I try to submit the data in CMUD, it chops the URL into 2 at the variable. (it loads two pages, one with the first half of the URL, one with the second half)

I tried putting a %20 in my variable where the space would be, and though this works for submitting the URL, it cuts the space out. Am I missing something simple here? Is there a way for me to prevent it from splitting the URL?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Edit:
I would also not like it to open this webpage at all if that's possible, I just want it to submit the stats. However, I can live with it opening the URL so long as it does it with the space in the var.
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:27 am   

Can you post the code you're using please? #url "url%20with%20spaces" worked fine for me. And for not opening the webpage, you'd need to use %url for that instead.
eleytheria
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:11 am   

#URL %concat("http://site.com/stats/submit/?ashtml=true&var1=", @VAR1, "&var2=", @VAR2, "&str=", %1, "&int=", %2, "&wil=", %3, "&dex=", %4, "&con=", %5)

The issue is that if @VAR2 has a space in it then CMUD calls #URL twice and it opens up two webpages and splits the URL in half. What I was saying, is if I put the %20 into my variable, it will in fact load as a single page, but then var2 goes into the database as a single work, instead of two words.

How would I send the data without opening the page using %url?

Thanks for all your help btw.
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:04 pm   

Try %replace(@VAR1, " ", "%20"). And using %url (untested):
Code:
$url = %url("http://site.com/stats/submit/")
$url.ParamStr = %concat("ashtml=true&var1=", %replace(@VAR1, " ", "%20"), "&var2=", %replace(@VAR2, " ", "%20"), "&str=", %1, "&int=", %2, "&wil=", %3, "&dex=", %4, "&con=", %5)
$url.Get()
eleytheria
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:57 pm   

Thanks Daern!

So, first off, the %replace worked like a charm and it's working without any issues!

However, I tried using %url and it doesn't compile properly. Tried a few different variations but I couldn't get it to work at all.

EDIT: I just realized %url only works with CMUDPro...is there a way to do this with %com?
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:42 pm   

If your browser has a COM interface, presumably it would be, but that's not something I've ever tried before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: