Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
dazed-n-confused999
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:12 pm   

matching a looooonggg pattern

simple question i hope how do i get information off a pattern that is so long it takes 2 or more lines (usually no more than 2, just 2 for now)
examples:
Jackass in strident, sonorous tones relates a speech of Creation and the Gods and the Divine War. Awe and wonderment and malice lie in his hypnotising words
leaving you struck dumb!

Jackass in strident, sonorous tones relates a speech of Creation and the Gods and the Divine War. Awe and wonderment and malice lie in his hypnotising words
leaving you without a tongue in your head!

leaving you with a jaw locked permanently shut!

in these examples i need to match the second line to really know what happened, the first line is the same so it doesnt help me.
i could just match the second line as a new trigger but if i ever change width or something it would be a mess.
is there a way to mesh this all together as one pattern?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:49 pm   

you can use $ to match the carriage return

#TR {Jackass in strident, sonorous tones relates a speech of Creation and the Gods and the Divine War. Awe and wonderment and malice lie in his hypnotising words $leaving you (*)! } {test on %1}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: