Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:06 pm   

window management - how to recover. Also layout saving question

I created a couple of extra windows, one to capture channels to, another for something similar. I positioned them over on the right side. I later restarted CMUD, the layout was not saved (auto save layout was checked). They still show in the package editor as being present, but the windows are nowhere to be seen, and are not in the "Windows" menu on the menu bar.

Where are they? And why didn't the layout save? What information should I be offering in this post to make that question answerable?

Is it possible that the layout doesn't save if windows are not docked? Ideally I don't want my windows docked. I have a wide-screen monitor and I want my main window to take up the whole height of the screen, with the menu bar over on the right hand side with my package editor window and any extra child windows I create.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:12 pm   

Undocked windows have become a bit buggy - take a look at this thread and see if you're getting any of those symptoms. Nothing I could do fixed the windows except deleting them and recreating them, and the only workaround for now is simply not to use undocked windows.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:19 pm   

Ah, thanks for the reply. I read that thread actually, but didn't really understand what it was referring to.

Thanks for the other reply too, by the way :)
(I'll probably have a whole lot of similar simple questions in the next few days/weeks. I find CMUD simultaneously refreshing and yet frustrating at the same time, to work with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: