Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ChaseJC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:38 pm   

Copy paste problem

Whenever I paste anything into the ZMUD command line, it pastes double whats in the clipboard. Ie. if I copy 123 to the clipboard, then paste into the command line I will have 123123 in the line. This doesn't happen when pasting anywhere else. I have no idea why this is happening, any help would be greatly appreciated.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:03 pm   

Are you copying from outside sources or from within zMUD?

If it's from within zMUD, are you highlighting it, then hitting CTRL+C for copy? If so, there's no need to do that - when you highlight something in zMUD, it automatically pastes it to your clipboard. Probably unlikely that this is happening, but it's the only thing I can think of at this time. Perhaps someone who has zMUD access will be able to determine the problem.

Charneus
Scirkhan
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:11 pm   

Two things, holding down shift and pressing CTRL+v will cause a double paste.
Second, you may try right clicking on the command and clicking paste, and see if that will work for an alternative.

If you can find a "enable menu key shortcuts".. and enable it, it might fix your problem.
[url]http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24290&highlight=double+paste [/url]

I searched the forums, very interesting/strange problem. As for now that's all i know I'll let you know if I find something more useful.

Last edited by Scirkhan on Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChaseJC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:20 pm   

It happens whether i'm copying from outside or inside, and yes i know just highlighting copies in zmud. I'm not holding down shift at any time. Right click paste works, no double entry! Thanks for the quick fix, although i'm still curious as what is causing the problem.
Scirkhan
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:22 pm   

This should work, Go to View -> Preferences -> General -> command line and tick "enable menu key shortcuts"

Edit: Comfirmed. I have recreated the problem by unticking "enable menu key shortcuts"

And also, if you've just installed and you experience anything else that acts like a bug, (corrupted files) You may need to reinstall.
ChaseJC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:53 pm   

Thank you! Problem solved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: