Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2
Fang Xianfu Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:20 pm
Getting Lua to work in CMUD (or zMUD!)
forren
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:55 pm   

Zugg wrote:
Just to finish the side-track on ATCP: I contacted the owner of IronRealms and have gotten the official go-ahead to put ATCP support into CMUD. I should be receiving the technical details from the Achaea manager soon. I'm sure all of the Achaea players will be happy to hear this.

When I implement this, I also plan to add more generic support for responding to other telnet option negotiation within CMUD.

YES!

I play Lusternia and am currently building a new system for CMud - right now I'm using Mudbot for ATCP tracking, but having this in CMUD will be much more simple.
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:43 pm   

Awwwwesome! I think this new feature alone would give many people good reason to switch to CMUD. MudBot is nice, but it's an extra step to loading and connecting that I'd rather not have.
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:58 am   

Hey sorry to resurrect such an old thread

I was reading some of the features Mudbot has and I was thinking that it might allow you to treat lines like mushclient does (not line by line liek cmud), basically the MudInput function is very interesting to me, since I have to deal with lines w/o any newlines/cr cmud is kind of a pain atm to use. So basically I was wondering if you could offer some input on using mudbot. Specifically, what do you need to do to get triggers working? Ive tried:

Code:

-- rex table, key = id, val = compiled rex.
trig_rex={}

-- trigger command table, key = id, val = func
trig_func={}
rex = require("rex_pcre")
re = rex.new ("#K(.*)")
-- trigger event handler
mb.server_line  =   function ()
                        for id in pairs(trig_rex) do
                            local match
                            _, _, match = trig_rex[id]:match(mb.line)
                            if match then
                                trig_func[id](match)
                            end
                        end
                    end

function mb.server_lines( )
    for i = 1, mb.nr_of_lines do
        set_line(i)
        echo(mb.line)
    end
end

to just get basic feel for it, all iw anted to do was double line lines received, and i can't even get this working. essentially I want to move up where I can get a line that has something like #K%28001123~F~232You hit mob hard! and be able to strip the #K%...part with mudbot and make the varibles from within there and only send the you hit mob hard, ect to cmud. THanks for anything you can offer
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: