Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
LaFey

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:53 am   

Migrating to Vista - troubles

I formatted my previous drive that contained XP and did a fresh install of Vista. I saved my CMUD folders regarding (what I thought) was my MUD's session settings - which included a map database.

This profile had been imported from ZMUD and already contained the map database (I also saved the same files and folders just in case).

Ok, connecting to the MUD is easy enough - but the map doesn't open up any locations whatsoever - I tried manually opening other mdb files present in the MUD main folder but it didn't help.

Any thoughts?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:50 pm   

If you are not able to open any MDB files, then that means the ADO/MDAC software on your computer is messed up. I haven't seen any problem like this on my own Vista machine and a fresh Vista install should have the correct MDAC drivers, so I'm not really sure what to suggest. The entire map is stored in a single MDB file (which is a Microsoft Access database format), so there aren't any other files that you needed to save for your map.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: