Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Hypo
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:20 pm   

[1.32] #hi trouble?

1.32 fixed all of my woes with ANSI colours, however, #highlight still gives me problems. It doesn't highlight properly(make it bold/bright), and instead puts it on a magenta background.

Thanks for any help!
Hypo
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:40 pm   

Looking at it a little more, it appears to be tied to my #cw triggers. Here's a partial screenshot if that's any help at all.
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/2229/cmudhighlightqa1.jpg
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:29 am   

Please post your exact #HIGHLIGHT and/or #CW triggers. Also post whether you are using any #SUB with this, or any MXP.
Lokke11
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:52 pm   

I just update to 1.32 and now the color is messed up coming from the mud. Its highlighting a specific color that is coming from the mud. Whats up?
Hypo
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:15 pm   

Ok, the triggers visible in that snippet are...
#trigger {%qyou%q} {#cw lightgreen}
#trigger {%qyour%q} {#cw lightgreen}
#trigger {%qalatariel%q} {#cw pink}
#trigger {%qllylia%q} {#cw pink}
#trigger {%qkaula%q} {#cw pink}
#trigger {%qrondrosl%q} {#cw brown}
#regex {(^|\b)(rujona|tsimo|rujona|nitsuni|student|outlaw|nobleman|noblemen|samurai|ronin|thug|guard|captain|soldier|bodyguard|monk|ninja)(s|)(\b)} {#cw chocolate}
#trigger {launches a powerful attack.} {#hi}

Now that I've played around with it, when I have additional ANSI text changes enabled (blink, strikethrough), the text is additionally blinking and struck through while on that background- when I took that screenshot I had them disabled.

As far as I know I'm not using any MXP, it's all done through ANSI. The MUD (Discworld) does spit some MXP tags which work, etc, but I have my terminal set to ANSI and it does all my colouring.
There isn't any #sub in there, no. There are some other cases where the MUD is sending bold tags (which I have set to highlight in the ANSI config), where they simply don't get bolded, and stay normal text, however they don't come up in odd colours/struck through/blinking.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:55 pm   

OK, I see the problem. The problem is that you are mixing MXP colors with your #CW command, with the ANSI highlight stuff. Whenever you use a color name like "pink" or "brown" in the #CW command, you are actually specifying an MXP color, rather than one of the 16 ANSI colors. The bug in v1.32 is that CMUD doesn't seem able to use the #HIGHLIGHT command when using MXP colors. I've added this to the bug list for the next version.
Hypo
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:05 pm   

Ok!

Thanks very much, Zugg!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: