Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
smirch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:15 am   

Triggers Crash Me

So I was loving zMUD and delving deeper into it's many features today. Just when I was starting to justify spending 30 bucks to license it I found a game breaker. Whenever I try to get a trigger set up the software crashes my computer. I'm using a fully patched winXP box, the latest zMUD and as far as I can tell my syntax is correct. It will crash out sometimes when I click Save on a new trigger, or after that when I try to close the trigger window to get back to the game window. Here's the exact syntax of the trigger I was setting up last. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

You lose concentration while trying to cast %1.
cast '%1'

Any help is greatly appreciated, I really want to like this software but this is painful.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:57 am   

I'm constantly surprised that %1 works as a trigger wildcard. If you take a look at the pattern matching reference, you'll see that it's not a proper wildcard. Change it for the one that you mean in this situation.

But that shouldn't be crashing you, especially as it's crashing when it's saved rather than when it fires. Is there any kind of message when it crashes, does the program stop responding or does it just disappear? My guess would be that you don't have permission to write to the zMUD folder on that account and the access denied error is crashing zMUD, but without more info there's no way to tell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: