Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:17 pm   

Anyone with PHP5 migration experience?

I'm looking into the difficulty and issues involved in upgrading this site from PHP4 to PHP5. Looks like our version of PHPBB will be mostly fine, along with our help desk software. It also seems that our shopping cart system should be fine. I can't find much info on the old version of MX Portal that we are using.

I'm not yet sure what all is involved in testing PHP5. I'm hoping that it's something I can just try and then rollback if something doesn't work. I won't be making any changes until the next version of CMUD is released, but if anyone has experience on upgrading a server from PHP4 to PHP5 (both good or bad), let me know.
Darker
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:11 pm   

My own hosting company has found a way of running both versions of PHP simultaneously - you specify php5 files with a different extension than php4 files use... or you set a site-wide variable in your .htaccess file (iirc) that directs your pages to the correct version.

You could always try to test first just by swapping versions temporarily and go back if there's issues - or copy your site to another directory/ip and test it there privately before subjecting the entire site to the new version.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:05 pm   

MX-BB up until the latest RC releases have not had php5 support most notoriously in the Admin Control Module part. but I *think* for a normal viewer it should be normal.... hopefully
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: