Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Zugg's Blog Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Zugg Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:32 am
Vista Experience - Take Two!
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:54 am   

Rainchild wrote:
I also managed to blue-screen it somehow, I think I was copying a file over the wireless and plugged in the network cable, not too sure, explorer stopped responding then one thing lead to another, and poof!

That's something to be really concerned about I think. Hopefully that'll get fixed pronto :|

I've been meaning to buy a new laptop, and I'll need to get another harddrive in a month or so, so I'll be able to get a nice OEM copy. But with all the rave reviews Vista is getting, I think I'll wait for a while.
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:40 am   

Quote:
That's something to be really concerned about I think. Hopefully that'll get fixed pronto :|

It's not something I've noticed happen while taking my laptop into work, uni and switching from wired to wireless and back etc.
Infact, between my desktop and laptop having used Vista since RC2 I've not managed to bluescreen either one even once. It's slow on my laptop, enough that I'm considering moving back to XP, but then the laptop is fairly old and has only got 512MB RAM. Apart from that though I rarely see too much really negative press from people who are comparing it just to XP rather than those comparing it to Linux, XP and the perfect OS that combines the best parts of all others.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:04 pm   

Has anyone else been watching all of those new commercials from Apple with "Mac" and "PC" talking about Vista? They crack me up everytime I see them. Brilliant ad campaign.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:12 pm   

I like the spin for your updrade version one, I swear it gets funnier everytime I see it
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:10 am   

My favourite is Security, the very end cracks me up every time.
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:24 am   

Haha, Security is good, first time I've seen it. I don't much like most of the others, seems very negative advertising to rely on pointing out flaws in other software rather than promoting your own, I can't see the approach working in another industry. Then again, not many industries are so dominated by one product.
Just watched Security again Laughing
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:28 am   

I hate some of the niggardly things that the Mac advertising, at least in the UK, hinges on. The two examples that stick out in my mind are the one focusing on THE AMAZING MAGNETIC POWER CABLE for people too dumb to watch where they're putting their feet, and the other one along the lines of "I use a mish-mash of different software for music, films and internet browsing... I come with iLife" - besides the fact that I'm sure there's a product out there for PCs that does all those things, I like having my software cleanly divided up like that. It lets the developer focus on doing one thing well rather than a ton of things crappily.

And while Security is hilarious, it's interesting that they highlight it. You could see it as saying "Microsoft OSes have been popular for decades and Macs haven't - people who write malware know this, and write much more malware for Windows than for Macs. In turn, Windows has had to become more strict about security than Macs." - I was wondering if it's really true that there are very few effective viruses for Macs around and found this quote:

Peter Dickin, Head of Technology at Sophos wrote:
Virus writers, fortunately, still have a way to go before they are able to write Mac viruses with the proficiency and fluidity that they can for Windows.

So yes, come back after Mac's been the mainstream for 20 years and then see if they moan :)

That said, I'm going to watch it again now. Hee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Zugg's Blog All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: