Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Mikempty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:29 pm   

cMud screen refresh issues?

I've looked over the board and I didn't see anything specifically for this, so i'll apologize if I missed it.

The main issue is, when I mud after awhile of being on the mud the right side of the screen will scroll like normal, but the left side pauses and doesn't scroll. If I click it'll move along, or if I page up, it'll move, and then it'll go right back to hanging. If I close out of cmud(which is what I run now), and go back in it'll fix for awhile.

The weirdness is this issue happened w/zmud, and cmud. Also it happened in windows XP and now I run Vista Ultimate.

Any ideas? Not sure what the heck it is. Any help would be appreciated.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:56 pm   

Try going into the Emulation preferences and turn off the VT102 option and see if that helps. It's possible that the MUD is sending the wrong scrolling region codes or something.

If it happens in both zMUD and CMUD, then check a different MUD and see if it is MUD specific. But my guess is that the MUD is sending some weird control codes or something.
xekon
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:05 am   

This has Always happened to me when I use the #sub in conjunction with <send> tag (even in Cmud beta 3.06):

Code:
#SUB {"("%1") "%ansi(brown)%concat(%2,%3) <send 'addmobdb %concat(%2,%3)'>%ansi(high,red)"ADD"</send>}
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:43 pm   

This bug was fixed many versions ago, so if you are still having the problem, you will need to show us the Script Debugger raw input data from the MUD along with the full script that is running the #SUB command shown above. I tried your #SUB command here and didn't run into any problems, so you need to post a more complete procedure for how to reproduce the problem.
xekon
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:19 am   

Under a new session I copied over just the parts of the script needed to reproduce the error, and exported them to xml, here they are:
http://jakegaisser.googlepages.com/allsettings-aardwolf.xml

Odd thing is, I got it to do it immediately. I would click on the add button after a mobs name it would do it, then I would click the screen and it would clear up. then I would look in the room again, click another mob, and it would do it again, etc. however after letting the computer sit for like 10 minutes I tried again and it was no longer doing it.... I thought thats odd. So I closed cmud and relaunched it and it was doing it again, so if it doesnt do it, try closing cmud then reopening it, then try it again. I can reproduce it pretty easily just about every time.

Here is the script debugging log: http://jakegaisser.googlepages.com/debuglog.txt

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to help out with on this one.

Last edited by xekon on Sat May 02, 2009 2:22 am; edited 2 times in total
xekon
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:03 am   

Thought I'de post a picture just incase my problem is not identicle to the first posters...

basically the top is where I've clicked the add button on the mob and then it goes to look at it after it prompts for the mobs keyword. at which point it looks at the mob and the screen no longer scrolls.... its frozen in that position

then the lower half of that picture is after ive clicked on the middle of the screen.... its like it allows the screen to scroll again.
wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:44 pm   

Your last post makes the problem seem different than your original post.

When you are experiencing this problem, does any of the screen scroll?
"To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories: (1) things that need to be fixed, and (2) things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them" - Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:14 pm   

In your Script Debugger log you didn't turn on the "Raw Input/Output" message in the debugger. I need to see that log with that option enabled to see what control codes are being sent by the MUD. Remember that you are testing this within a specific MUD and the rest of us are trying to reproduce it Offline.

Have you tried going into the Session emulation page in the Preferences and turning OFF the VT100 option and then relogging into your MUD? With a scrolling problem like this is sounds like maybe the MUD is trying to use the VT100 scrolling region and something is interfering with that.
xekon
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:24 am   

had to update the pattern in one trigger it was missing some of the mobs... does not fix anything with the not scrolling but I thought I would post my current settings anyhow.
http://jakegaisser.googlepages.com/allsettings-aardwolf.xml

Here is the script debugging log WITH the raw data on (sorry didnt realize it was something that had to be turned on): http://jakegaisser.googlepages.com/debuglog.txt

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to help out with on this one.

wrym: you asked if any of the screen scrolls, the answer is no, however when it looks at the mob there is a little bit of blank space to the bottom of my screen and I can see like the first line of the new output.... but the entire screen is frozen and I will see NO new output at all untill I click on the middle of the screen, Just as I show in my screen shot.

Zugg: Yes, with VT102 on or off it does it either way
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: