Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
adamwalker
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:50 pm   

[1.25] status bar not displaying color. minor bug

my code for my status bar...

Code:
%ansi( bold, blue)T :%ansi( bold, red) @tar %ansi( bold, blue) %ansi( bold, blue)RT :%ansi( bold, red) @rt %ansi( bold, blue) %ansi( bold, red)%ansi( bold, blue)|| %ansi( bold, blue)Mall %ansi( bold, gold)@mallorantimer%ansi( bold, blue) || %ansi( bold, blue)Fist %ansi( bold, gold)@fistitimer %ansi( bold, blue) || Rit @ritualtimer %ansi( bold, blue) || @healthqs / @manaqs %ansi( bold, blue) || %ansi( bold, green) Demons : %item( @demonlist, 1) %ansi( bold, blue) || %ansi( bold, GOLD) Bing @timerbing

this worked in 1.24 and now it displays as plain black text

ta jugg

(just for the record, yout comments previously on "one person writing code for cmud and the whole mud will follow...".. ive personally seen 10 people convert to cmud on my mud because people are saying zmud is old news. but good news your you and the future of cmud im sure!)
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:37 pm   

Confirmed, work around <color red>Test</color> or <color deepskyblue>Test</color>
I like it this way better myself...
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:18 pm   

I'm seeing issues with two/multiple ansi functions, but not all the time.

1)if the first ansi() uses an apparent invalid color (I didn't think gold was, anyways, but it's not working now if it was) then no other ansi on the line will color anything. If the invalid color is not the first on the line then the invalid color properly only affects what it should

2)if the first ansi() uses the bold keyword, all subsequent ansi() functions on that line which also do not use the bold, high, or italic keywords will not color anything.

3)though it doesn't work with a status bar (maybe a bug, maybe not), the blink keyword doesn't interfere with coloring.

4)singular ansi() on a line does not have issues other than the use of blink or an invalid color.
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:31 pm   

Doh, Right I didn't even try a single %ansi(color) I just tried his examples. Confirmed Matt's Analisys.

Edit: If you do not place any spaces inside the %ansi() then double things DO work.

%ansi(bold,blue)Test :: %ansi(yellow)Test :: %ansi(0)Test

Works fine.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:51 am   

BTW, this problem does apply to #ECHO, #SAY and #SHOW. (I just thought I'd test because if it did, this would be a more major issue.)

Tested with:
#echo %ansi( bold, blue)T :%ansi( bold, red) H%ansi( bold, GOLD) Bing
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: