Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
tomcat025
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:38 am   

Cmud 1.25 and Simutronics connection issue

I was just connected to Dragonrealms Platinum via Cmud while reading the cmud forums. I found out that there was a newer version so I decided to log out and update.

The funny part is that after I updated I can no longer connect to Dragonrealms Prime or Dragonrealms Platinum with Cmud.

I keep getting an account error. Strangly, the only thing that has changed is the version of my Cmud. I even tried to make a new session thinking that perhaps my settings files were bonkers. No dice.

Last edited by tomcat025 on Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
hogarius
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:48 am   

I play Modus Operandi, and I'm experiencing a similar problem. I've sent Zugg a bug report.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:22 am   

Yep, I see the problem. Strangely enough, there was another problem that I guess has been around for a while. It seems that several MUDs in the MUD Connector list do not have hostname/port data. Including Dragonrealms and Gemstone. I have changed this so that the Simutronics games will get their host/port properly filled in, along with the game code.

But yes, when I tried to connect I found the problem. I hope to have a new version uploaded within the next half hour, so stay tuned.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:53 am   

I have just uploaded an updated version of 1.25. Download it again and give it a try and let me know if this fixes the Simutronics issue.
tomcat025
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:09 am   

Unfortunatly it is still not connecting.

~Arwin Hochhauser
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:15 am   

Damn. Unfortunately, I don't have a Simutronics account anymore, so there is only a limited amount of testing I can do. If someone was willing to email me or PM me their account name and password for testing, I promise not to mess up your character (maybe you can change your password and then change it back when I'm done or something). I'd really like to fix this one since a lot of people play on Simutronics games. (And I'm annoyed that they got rid of my testing account that I used to use :(
hogarius
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:16 am   

Zugg, I'm also having the same problem. When I first tried to connect, I heard my "disconnect" sound play twice when the character list came up. Each time I tried to connect after that, the disconnect sound would play once.

If you're not able to fix it right away, Zugg, I still can use 1.24.

Thanks for looking at it right away. But please don't wipe yourself out over this.
tomcat025
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:21 am   

I've offered up my account information to Zugg so that he can investigate this issue.

Just don't steal all my plats Zugg! Laughing

EDIT: At least I hope it was Zugg I sent the information to. Confused
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:40 am   

Thanks very much to tomcat for his trust and help with this! Thanks to him, I was able to find the problem and fix it. Yet another trivial issue buried in some code that I changed several weeks ago.

I just uploaded *another* version of 1.25. So if you are using Simutronics games, please download v1.25 again and give it a try.

I've also sent an email to Simutronics to see if I can get my "promo" account reactivated so that I can test stuff like this myself again.
tomcat025
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:46 am   

I am not sure if this is just me but for some reason I am connected and it still loops through the "Connecting to blablabla" bit. Every 30-60 seconds I see the message pop up on the screen.

Edit: I just made a new session and got the following when trying to use the game command look.

Invalid login key. Please relogin to the web site.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:57 am   

Sigh...Yes, I see it too. Seems to work fine for the first connection, but then the hostname gets overwritten so it doesn't work after that. Looking into it again. Thanks for your patience.
tomcat025
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:02 am   

I have a screenshot of what was happening on my last attempt at a new session connection to DR.

No worries on any wait Zugg. I am too busy watching the Ducks wipe the ice with the Sharks. Very Happy
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:34 am   

OK, let's give this another try. When connecting to Simutonics, the way it works is that you first connect to eaccess.play.net port 7900 and then it sends the correct server and port for the specific game to connect to using their own proprietary login. With the multi-window session changes that I made, what it was doing was changing the host and port to this new value, overwriting the eaccess.play.net 7900 for the saved session.

So, download 1.25 *again* and give it another try. But you will probably need to first click the Edit Session action and make sure the Hostname field is set to "EACCESS.PLAY.NET|DR" and the port field is 7900. Then try to connect again.
tomcat025
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:41 am   

I am sure you are getting quite sick of this Zugg but I just got the strangest thing. I had two logins for some reason. After the initial login a second login window popped up.

Ok, chalk this one up to a forgetful person. I forgot to go and change the connection setting for my "Chat" window.

It works well now, Thanks a ton Zugg!

Go get some sleep!

Last edited by tomcat025 on Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:45 am   

I'm not getting that, but I've seen something like that happen before in zMUD if you have a slow DNS server. If the IP address lookup for one of the host names takes too long, then zMUD/CMUD tries again, and then the original request completes and you get two connections. You can try increasing the timeout in the Lookup Preferences (in the Network section) to try and fix that.

But let me know if this is always happening. I'm not seeing that at all.

And did the new version fix the login problem and allow you to log in finally?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:55 am   

OK, thanks for letting me know that it's fixed!
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:38 am   

Not necessarily with Simultronics, but when I downloaded the update and tried running CMUD after the installation, I kept getting an error. For some reason, I'm not able to send bugs, so I couldn't send that bug report. And to be honest, I'm not even sure what the bug was (way to go for me, eh?).

At any rate, since it wouldn't let me go past opening a session (wouldn't connect or anything) I uninstalled CMUD, then reinstalled it. And it worked perfectly. (shrug) Just thought I'd point that out.

Thanks, Zugg, for the great work on this project. :)

Charneus
fallenscott

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:45 am   

I lost the connection icon for dragonrealms after the update. I can't locate the IP and other info on the website. Is there an easy way to restore the shortcut?

Edit: I figured out how to connect but now I get booted immediately from the game. Is there another update somewhere?
kjaerhus
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:05 am   

I posted a problem in another topic but it seems to be related to this perhaps. I play Dragonrealms and after upgrading (just now) CMUD seems to try and connect me for all my windows. I have three - one main window and two other windows I use to put things I gag from my main window. Well, it is not supposed to log me in more than once of course and because it does I get thrown off as I naturally cannot be logged in more than once.
fallenscott

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:13 am   

A reinstall fixed my issue. Update just didn't work.
kjaerhus
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am   

Just tried it but nope - still tries to connect for all my windows. What is this "feature" supposed to be good for Zugg? Rolling Eyes
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:25 am   

There were a lot of changes to the way multiple windows work. Go to settings and you'll see each different window listed. For each one check that the the connection settings are correct, i.e. that only the main window is connecting.

tomcat025
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:11 pm   

I would like to expand on what Guinn said.

I tried to open my DR session offline when I was having the chat window try to connect. The thing is that the chat and death windows were still trying to connect but the main window was not. I found the trick was to:

1) Highlight session desired
2) Press and hold shift down and click the option to work in offline mode.
3) Go into your settings and adjust the connection properties for each window that is not supposed to connect as per Guinn's lovely post.

~Arwin Hochhauser
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: